Though pets are one of the most loveable creatures around you, they do have a drawback i.e. they smell bad quite a number of times. The reasons for the unpleasant odor can be many. They might be suffering from an ailment, might not be bathed for a long time, or they might be simply hyperactive, to move around your home and the yard and make themselves dirty. As a pet is always moving around, you cannot really keep an eye on him and prevent the unwanted situation. This makes getting rid of pet odors considerably difficult. However, with patience and constant effort, you can achieve success in getting rid of the foul smell coming from your pet. This requires a little hard work and proper resources, which will do away with your problem. To know how to get rid of pet odor, go through the following lines.
Getting Rid Of Pet Odor
- Give your pet a thorough bath. Make sure to bathe him regularly, at an interval of four to six weeks, with gentle shampoo and warm water. This would ensure overall hygiene and health of your pet.
- Dry your pet thoroughly after the bath. In case your pet is a dog that loves swimming and jumps into any kind of water, clean it thoroughly, by using fresh water and dry its hair using a low-setting hair dryer.
- Clean the mess of your pet, every time it creates the same, as soon as possible. Fix a place in or out of the house and train your pet to go there.
- For removing the smell from the carpet, which seeps in as the pet sits on it, make sure you clean it with baking soda. For this, sprinkle baking soda over the odiferous region and let it sit for several hours. After this, vacuum the region thoroughly to remove the soda.
- If you are not able to identify the odiferous areas, throw light of a black light bulb to highlight dried accident spots. That way, you will be able to identify the spots and clean them quickly.
- In case your clothes smell of your pet’s odor, you get rid of it with the help of apple cider vinegar. Add around ¼ cup of vinegar to your regular laundry detergent to get the job done.
- If your wooden floors also smell, make sure you scrub clean them. Prepare a 3:1 mixture by adding warm soapy water to white vinegar, in a bucket. Use this mixture to mop the floor with a cloth and see the odor vanish.
- You can also use air purifiers in an indoor room to remove pet allergens and odors. It works by activating negative charge and sticks to positively charged air pollutants, by circulating rapidly and clearing smoke and fine dust particles and destroying harmful micro-organisms.
- Attack the stain and odor by using biochemical products, which work by naturally breaking down the acid and bacteria in urine.