Acne effects people of all age groups and is seen particularly on the face, chest, back and neck. Back acne, commonly called bacne, is usually seen on the back, along with upper arms and the buttocks. Back acne is usually visible in the form of pimples, blackheads, pustules and cysts. During summers, our back sweats a lot. As a result, the pores get clogged, due to the excessive production of sebum (oil). Dead skin cells get stuck to the clogged pores, which attracts bacteria. The congested pores, the dead cells sticking to them and the bacteria there, together all this gives rise to acne. Getting rid of back acne does not require much effort on your part, provided you follow the right tips. In case you want some info on how to get rid of back acne, go through the lines below.
Tips to Get Rid of Back Acne
- To prevent pimples and acne, always make sure you take showers on a frequent basis, particularly after a hard day at work or a workout regime.
- While buying a body wash for shower, try to pick the one that has salicylic acid in it.
- You may make use of an anti-bacterial soap for bathing, in case you do not find body wash containing salicylic acid. Be sure not to over-wash your skin with the soap, because it would tend to irritate the skin and make it dry.
- Change out of sweaty clothes or workout wear as soon as possible. The tight fitting clothes that you exercise in trap the moisture of sweat, which breeds acne-causing bacteria.
- If you have sweated a lot, dry your back with a clean towel. Thereafter, wash your back with an exfoliating agent. It would ensure that your back remains scrupulously clean and gets rid of excessive dirt.
- After going through a cleaning regime, you can apply topical cream, containing benzoyl peroxide, on the back. Though such creams are over-the-counter, it is advisable to consult a doctor first, before using them. Apply such creams on your back ten minutes before taking a shower. Do this twice a day, for better results.
- Exfoliate your skin daily or at least on a weekly basis, to get rid of the dead cells that stick to the clogged pores and cause back acne. Since the skin on your back is harder than that on your face, it is generally safe to use an exfoliating product without being very precautious. However, make sure that the exfoliating cream/gel you use suits your body.
- Always keep your fabrics clean, to prevent the production of acne on your back or any other body part. This is because dirty clothes easily attract bacteria, which may lead to acne and even skin allergies.
- While taking a shower, make use of a gentle cleaner, especially when you are having acne on your back. Dye-free cleansers are suggested. Ensure that the loofah is clean and free of soapy particles that might have been stuck to it from the previous shower. Scrub your back gently, while cleansing yourself.