If you’ve made up your mind to cook crab legs at home and brooding over how to start with it, don’t fear as you’re in safe hands now. To your surprise, crab legs are not as difficult to cook as people believe, in fact, it can be prepared within next to no time. Usually the crab legs, available at the supermarkets, are pre-cooked and frozen. So, what you’re required to do is just heating, and a delicious treat is ready for you.
While buying crab legs, always remember to buy the frozen one instead of thawed. Since the thawed crab legs lose their freshness, they are not preferred. Moreover, the frozen ones have already been cooked once, they need simply re-heating. Here are provided four methods to cook crab legs, choose whatever you find the best. Regardless of the way you prefer, make sure to smear the crab legs with lemon, butter or any other seasoning to make it tastier.
- Pour water in a large saucepan; add a tablespoon of salt and seasoning, if you want, to it.
- Allow the water to boil and then drop the crab legs in.
- Let it heat for around 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and rinse the crab legs. Serve hot.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Crack open the crab legs and keep them onto the baking tray.
- Smear the crab legs with butter or oil, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
- Wrap the crab legs in a damp paper towel.
- Place them in the microwave.
- Heat them up for approximately 3 minutes.
- Together with butter, cocktail sauce or lemon wedges, serve them hot.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the steamer and add 1 tablespoon of salt to it.
- Let the water boil.
- Subsequently, place the crab legs onto the rack in the bottom of steamer.
- Steam the crab legs for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve them hot with melted butter or lemon wedges.
Note: Buy pliers so as to crack the hard shells of the crab legs since they cannot be broken by your teeth or hands.