A sip of lemonade brings immediate relief on a hot afternoon. Lemon is not only used for preparing refreshing cool drink or as an ingredient in recipes but also as cleaning solution. The origin of lemon is as intense mystery as 'Da Vinci Code'. It is believed that lemons first were grown in eastern countries such as India, China, and northern Burma. In olden days, it was used as an antidote for poisons. The tenth century Arabian literature, which discussed about farming, recorded the facts and benefits of lemon. Lemon has citric acid and the enzymes in the citric acid helps in cleaning up stains. It is also used for deodorizing purpose. It is better to use a lemon juice to clean your micro oven or window grills than any chemical cleaning solutions, which are not only harmful but also expensive. Read on the article to know how to clean with lemon.
Tips To Clean With Lemon
- You can remove debris and rust from copper, stainless steel pots, solid brass, and pans. For that, you can cut a lemon and take half of the lemon for cleaning purpose. Dip the lemon in salt and slowly rub over the rust of your window grills or cookware or anything, which you want to clean.
- If you want to clean your kitchen sink, you should use three or four lemons and squeeze the juice out of them. Mix the lemon juice with salt until it becomes a paste. Now, apply little mixture of lemon with salt to the kitchen sink and scrub it gently. After scrubbing it for some time, you will be able to see that stains are removed. Then you can rinse the sink and see it shining!
- You can use lemon to clean kitchen countertops. You can pour some lemon juice on the top of the stain. It will take a few minutes till the stain gets lighter. The citric acid in the lemon would work to break down the stain, within this time. Then, you can add baking soda on top of the stain where you poured lemon juice and you can scrub the stain away.
- Lemons can easily clean the heavy stains out of the plastic storage containers. Take half a lemon and pour the juice onto the stain. Sprinkle baking soda over it and leave it for ten or twelve minutes. After that, you can scrub the stain out with the help of a rough sponge.
- You can shine the aluminum pots and accessories in kitchen by cutting a lemon in half and rubbing it down with one of the halves. You can also clean up glass doors using lemon juice in a spray bottle and a sponge.
- You can whiten your canvas shoes by using lemon. You should fill a spray bottle with lemon juice and spray it on your shoes and put them out in the sun until the juice gets dried up.