After a long and hard day at work, nothing refreshes you as much as taking a hot bath in your Jacuzzi tub. In fact, you can be sure that after you get out of the tub, you will be feeling totally relaxed, with your spirits at much higher levels than before. There is one, and only one precondition to this experience i.e. your Jacuzzi tub should be clean. If it is not so, you can forget all about the leisure and unwinding. By now, you must have learnt how necessary it is to clean your Jacuzzi tub. In order to help you do the same, we have provided a number of tips in the following lines.
Cleaning A Jacuzzi Tub
- Powder Cleaner
- 600-grit Sandpaper
- Automotive Paste Wax
- Liquid Soap
- Soft Cloth
- First of all, you need to purge the jetted system, in order to get rid of the accumulated bath residue. For the best results, it is advisable to purge the jetted bath after each use.
- After you have had a bath and left the jetted bath, do not remove water from the tub. Rather, add some more hot water to bring its level at least 2 inches above the highest jet.
- Turn on your Jacuzzi unit, without switching on the aerator. The powder cleaner should be poured near the intake for the circulation pump.
- Now, run the bath for 5 to 10 minutes. Thereafter, drain it completely and rinse out any residue.
- When the actual tub gets empty, clean it with the help of liquid soap and a soft cloth. Always use a cleaner that is safe for acrylic surfaces.
- You can remove minor scratches from the tub, by wet sanding the area with 600 grit sand paper.
- Finally, use the automotive paste wax to restore glossy finish to the Jacuzzi tub. Your bath is as clean as ever.
- In order to have a wonderful experience every time you bathe in your Jacuzzi tub, make sure that you clean the Jacuzzi jet and clear its clogs as well.
- Before using the powder for cleaning, check the instructions given in its label. Make sure that the chemical is perfectly suitable for the type of Jacuzzi tub that you use.
- You can make use of bleaching powder to clean, in case your tub is not too expensive. If you are using a luxury Jacuzzi tub, it is suggested not to use bleach or other products that have traces of the chemical in them.
- Allow the tub to dry completely, before you use it once again. Leave a gap of 4 hours between the cleaning project and your bath.
- Avoid using foaming cleaners and bubble bath in your tub, because they would reduce the life of your Jacuzzi tub and sometimes, even prove harmful for the same.
- Never use bath oils and lotions in a hot tub, because they leave residues in the tub, making it dirty and sticky.