Eyeglasses, as we all know, literally make the world a much more beautiful place, for the ones who wear them. Apart from correcting the vision, in which numbered lenses are used, eyeglasses, with plain lenses, are also used for the purpose of preventing eyes from glare, while working in front of computer, or dust, while driving a scoter or bike. Since it serves such useful purposes, a pair of spectacles needs to be cleaned on a regular basis, improving its utility as well as life. Cleaning spectacles at home presents no problem at all, if you make use of the best possible way for the same. In the following lines, we have provided some great tips for cleaning eyeglasses.
Cleaning Spectacles At Home
- Mild Soap
- Warm Water
- Lens Cloth/ Nonabrasive Cotton
- Lens Cleaner
- Soft Dry Cloth
- First of all, you need to wash the lens of your eyeglasses with mild soap and warm water. This will help in removing dirt and oil from them.
- Now, use a lens cloth or nonabrasive cotton for drying the lens. Do not use paper towel for the purpose.
- You will need to buy lens cleaner from the market, along with lens-cleaning cloth, so as to remove fingerprints, dirt buildup and smudges.
- Pick the eyeglasses and hold them by the frame, with the thumb and forefinger of one hand.
- Put a few drops of the lens cleaning solution on the lens of the eyeglasses.
- With your fingertip, spread the solution on the inner as well as outer surface of the lens.
- Take a soft, dry cloth and using it with the other hand; gently buff the lenses in a circular motion.
- While cleaning the lenses, make sure not to put too much pressure on them.
- Your eyeglasses are as good as new.
- Make sure to wash the cleaning cloth with a mild, nonabrasive soap, on a weekly basis. This is important for regular maintenance of your glasses.
- When you dry the cleaning cloth, used for buffing the lens, avoid using fabric softener. It can damage the visibility of the glass lenses.
- If possible, go for lenses that are scratch-resistant, to avoid permanent marks, which impede clear vision.
- When you are not using your glasses, keep them in a safe place. Make sure they are not handled in a hurry or by clumsy hands, which may just knock them on the ground.
- When in a hurry, you can also clean your glasses with one or two drops of vinegar. Use a clean and soft cloth to gently clean your eye glasses. However, take care that you do not use vinegar on plastic lenses.
- A lot of people tend to use the tail of their shirt, or any random cloth to clean the lenses. Remember that most clothing fabrics are made of abrasive fibers that can scratch or smear the lenses on rubbing.