If you have a pet at home, be it a dog or a cat, you must be well aware of the problem presented by ear mites. They are extremely tiny creatures that are seen breeding inside the ears of cats and dogs. They thrive on the tissue of the ear canal of a pet and also use cell fluids and blood for feeding themselves. The most common symptoms of ear mites in pets are excessive scratching at the backs or insides of ears, too much shaking of head and holding ears at an angle to the head. At the same time, you will see black or brownish waxy rubble in the ear canal of your pet. In the following lines, we have provided information on how to get rid of ear mites.
Home Remedies for Getting Rid of Ear Mites
- Remove the hair and other dirt from the ears of your pet on a regular basis.
- Keep the ears of your pet dry and for the purpose, apply ear powder, while ensuring that the base of the hairs is properly covered.
- Mix ½ ounce of almond oil and vitamin E oil. Warm it slightly and put 1-2 drops in each ear of your pet and massage well. Thereafter, clean out the opening with cotton swabs. Refrigerate the mixture between uses.
- Take some mineral oil and soak a cotton ball in it. Use the ball to swab the ear canal of your pet.
- Put 9 drops of Yellow Dock Root Extract in 1 tbsp water. Mix well and put 1-2 drops in each ear and massage well. Thereafter, clean out the opening with cotton swabs.
- Make a solution of vinegar, peroxide and water, in equal amounts. Use it to clean the ears of your pet.
- Put garlic pods in olive oil and leave overnight. In the morning, remove the pods and put five to six drops of the olive oil in the ear of your pet.
- Whatever remedy you use for the purpose of getting rid of ear mites, make sure that you follow it consistently, atleast for one month.