Foul smelling and stained teeth create a bad impression on others and prove to be very embarrassing at times. For most part of the day, particularly while working, you have to interact with different people and to create a good impression, it is vital that you have clean, fresh-smelling teeth. Many-a-times, we think that going for an oral makeover requires regular visits to a dentist and spending loads of money. It is true that having clean, odorless teeth is important, but most of us don’t feel like going for elaborate, expensive procedures. Moreover, the time factor is also to be considered, as such visits have to undertaken on a regular basis, without fail. In case all these considerations are stopping you as well, help is at hand. For your benefit, we have provided some easy, homemade and natural remedies that will definitely help you get the ‘perfect’ smile. All the materials required for these remedies can be availed very easily and you will not need to spend any extra time on them as well. Read on to know some homemade secrets to white teeth.
Best Homemade Natural Remedies For Whiter Teeth
- A solution of warm water and rock salt has been known to remove any kind of tooth stains. All you have to do is gargle with the solution, for a few minutes everyday. This should be done every night, just before brushing your teeth and going to bed. The correct proportion of the solution would include around ½ tsp of rock salt in a single cup of water.
- Lemon juice proves highly effective in removing any kind of teeth stains, but extreme caution should be taken while using it. This is because; it is highly acidic and can damage your enamel. A few drops of the juice can be used every night on your toothbrush, over the regular toothpaste, to whiten your teeth.
- For tough stains that cannot be cleaned easily, you can make a mixture of equal parts of salt and lemon juice and spread this all over the stained portion. Let the paste remain on your teeth for a few minutes. After this, brush your teeth thoroughly, to remove any lemon residue.
- Another effective method used by people to remove strong dental stains involves making use of apple cider vinegar, over and above the regular toothpaste.
- Rubbing the insides of an orange peel on your teeth can also help to get rid of the tough dental stains.
- One of the most popular home remedies for cleaning white teeth comprises of baking soda. The normal procedure is to mix a bit of the soda with your regular toothpaste and using this every time while brushing your teeth. For extra whitening, you can use a little bit of the soda with some warm water several times a day, in between the regular brushings.
- Stubborn stains or stains that have grown quite old can be easily removed by using a paste made of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- You can make your own whitening strips by spreading a mixture of toothpaste and baking soda over a thin aluminum strip. Mould the aluminum foil in such a way that it covers your teeth all over. Leave this for a period of about 1 to 2 hours and avoid eating, drinking or smoking during this period. Once you remove the strip, rinse your mouth thoroughly. This process should be repeated at least twice a week, to achieve the desired effects.