Knowing how to whomp up easy-to-make snacks in a snap is absolutely essential for parents who are used to seeing some unexpected little visitors at times or when your kids nag you to prepare something yummy in a short span of time. Kids love munching on snacks during their free time or when they are hungry. Though some snacks are unhealthy, there are innumerable nutritious snacks that can boost your energy. Instead of gorging on a pack of chips, cookies or calorie-laden burgers, chomping on homemade snacks is a tastier and healthier alternative. Preparing snacks need not necessarily always be time consuming. There are some very easy and quick recipes that apart from being delicious are absolutely healthy. Have a look at some of the snacks that can be easily prepared by you or by your kids, under your guidance, in case you are too busy. Read further to explore easy snack recipes.
Easy Snacks Recipes
- 2 cups Puffed Rice
- 2 cups Nylon Sev
- 1/4 cup Potatoes (boiled, peeled and chopped)
- 2 tbsp Onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Raw Mango (chopped)
- 1 tsp Green Chillies (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coriander (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Chaat Masala to taste
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above with your both hands or using a big spoon.
- Take a serving bowl and put bhel in appropriate portions
- Serve it to the guests immediately.
Crunchy Khichdi Pakodas
- 1 cup leftover Khichdi
- ¼ cup Rice Flour or Bengal Gram Flour
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix it well.
- If you find the mixture too gooey, add a little more rice flour.
- Now make small balls out of that mixture in equal sizes.
- Dip the balls in hot oil and cook over medium flame until they turn golden brown.
- Drain the pakodas on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot immediately with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
Breaded Eggplant Slices
- 1 medium Eggplant
- A bowl of Breadcrumbs
- 1 pack Parmesan Cheese
- Fat-free Italian Salad Dressing
- Cut the eggplant into ½ inch long pieces and keep aside in a bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together.
- Dip the eggplant pieces in fat-free Italian salad dressing and coat them with crumb mixture.
- Arrange the pieces in a single layer on baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450°F for 12-15 minutes and wait until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the baking tray carefully and on a serving bowl, lay the slices carefully.
- Serve hot with sauce.
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder (optional)
1/4 tsp Sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp Limejuice
- 1 tbsp Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Grated Coconut (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan on a low flame. Add chickpeas and stir well.
- Add all the other ingredients mentioned above except limejuice.
- Cook for 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Turn off the gas and remove the pan.
- Add limejuice and chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Put the snack on a serving bowl and serve hot /cold.
These easy to make snacks are surely going to impress your little ones and the guests too.