Don’t you long for soft and shiny hair of the celebrities? Are you frustrated with your dry and frizzy hair? If yes, then there are many ways to fix dry and damaged hair and that too pretty economically! Dry and fragile hair looks dull and makes your hair brittle. Plus, dry hair is unmanageable and difficult to handle. Overuse of harsh chemicals present in hair styling products can make your hair coarse. In addition, exposure to daily pollution and an improper diet can lead to dryness of the hair. Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean you have to spend hundreds of bucks on hair styling products to get your hair shiny and beautiful. There are plenty of natural remedies to help you get rid of dry hair. Just look in your pantry and you can find a whole lot of natural ingredients that work great as hair conditioners. To learn more about the best conditioners for dry hair, keep reading through the next sections.
Image: © 2006-2013 Pink Sherbet Photography@flickr
Best Dry Hair Conditioners
- If you are running low on cash, and are looking for some good conditioners for your dry hair, then egg yolks can be a good choice for you. Egg yolks are loaded with proteins that helps repair damaged hair making it soft and lustrous. Add ½ a cup of egg yolk with equal amounts of yogurt. Beat them thoroughly to make a smooth paste. Apply the paste onto your hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then wash it off thoroughly with cold water. Remember to wash your hair properly in order to get rid of the intolerable egg odor.
- Mayonnaise is also a very good natural conditioner for dry hair. While the egg yolk in the mayonnaise provides nourishment to the hair, the oil locks the moisture in the hair shafts, and the vinegar helps in cleaning the hair by removing all the dirt, thus providing your hair with a natural shine. First apply mayonnaise to your hair. Take a wide toothed comb and comb your hair to spread the mayonnaise evenly all over the hair. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash your hair properly.
- Mayonnaise and avocado make a great combo to condition your dry hair with. Take a mixing bowl and add ½ cup mayonnaise with an equal amount of avocado. Add 1 tablespoon almond oil to it and blend the ingredients thoroughly to make a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your damp hair. Wear a shower cap and leave it for 15 minutes. Then wash your hair properly. Blow-dry your hair and you are just ready to flaunt your shiny hair.
- Henna is one of the most popular natural hair conditioners. If you are bored with your dry frizzy hair, regular application of henna can help to make your hair soft and healthy. Take henna powder in an iron container and soak it in lukewarm water overnight. You may also add egg yolk, and freshly brewed coffee to provide extra nourishment to your hair. Apply the henna paste all over you hair and leave it for one hour. Wash your hair thoroughly with cold water and then use a shampoo to clean your hair properly.
- To restore the natural shine of your dry hair, mix one egg yolk with one cup of papaya pulp, ½ cup fresh milk, a few drops of lavender essential oil, and ½ cup coconut milk. Blend all these ingredients together and then apply them on your hair. Use a comb to divide your hair and apply it in sections. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
- To tame your frizzy hair, you may also make a mixture of 70 ml of honey, 85 ml olive oil, and 70 ml vegetable oil. Mix them together and heat the mixture. Put the mixture in a spray bottle. Damp your hair and spray the mixture on your hair. Massage gently with your finger tips. Wrap your hair in a warm damp Turkish towel for an hour or so. After an hour, rinse your hair using a mild shampoo.