Be it fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, cosmetics and even clothing, organic products are generally more preferable to non-organics, as they do not involve the use chemical fertilizers or conventional pesticides, in their production. Often, these artificial fertilizers and pesticides leave harmful residues on the plant matter and may prove quite detrimental to health, if such plants are ingested or used to prepare cosmetics for skin and hair or make clothes. In other words, it is the purity of organic products that makes them a healthier and safer alternative to chemical-based ones. This article will help you to explore the various health and other benefits associated with the use of organic products, including food products.
Benefits of Organic Products
- According to various health experts, organic food is natural, pure and contains more nutritional benefits, as compared to inorganic products.
- Due to the natural cultivation technique applied in case of organic food, they generally have a superior taste, as compared to chemically cultivated food items.
- Eating raw organic food helps eliminate toxic elements from the body and thus, cleanses the blood stream more effectively.
- Organic herbs and spices have better stimulating effects. They can be added to recipes to bring out their distinctively pungent flavors.
- Organic products are also used for medicinal purposes and generally contain no side-effects.
- Organic herbs can be used for making a refreshing variety of fragrant tea. Peppermint, chamomile, licorice root and cinnamon not only make invigorating herbal teas, but are also known for their curative properties.
- The method of cultivating organic food is environmental-friendly. Hence, large-scale production and consumption of organic food will have no negative effects on the ecological balance of the bio-system and might even benefit it, in the long run.
- Organic skin care products are natural and free from synthetic and chemical additives as well as fragrances. Thus, they do not have any kind of damaging effects on the body and are normally hypoallergenic.
- Children have immature and developing organs, detoxification and immune systems. Along with that, they consume more food per kilo of body weight. All these factors make them extremely vulnerable to toxins; say in the form of the pesticides present in inorganic food. This makes organic food the best choice for them.
- The farming of organic products helps reduce toxic farming runoff and pollutants that contaminate our water, soil and air, when compared to inorganic farming.
- Since agricultural practice of chemical intensive, mono-crop farming is not used in case of organic farming, topsoil erosion does not take place.
- Organic farming is better for the environment, better for business and is more energy efficient as well.
- Unlike majority of the inorganic cosmetics available in the market, the organic ones do not contain carcinogens, or cancer-causing substances.
- When compared to inorganic farms, organic farms use less energy and produce less waste.
- Organic vegetables are believed to have more vitamins and minerals than inorganic ones and thus, are beneficial for the human body.