Have you lost some of the important papers from your work desk? Do you struggle to find the report that you just did yesterday? It’s going to be a long struggle with a messy and disorganized table. Your cluttered and chaotic worktable is good enough to give a panic attack to an organized person, though you are somehow managing with the same since quite long. However, now, it’s time to take that clutter out and arrange your table in a clean and tidy way, so that you don’t have to spend hours looking for an important file. In case you are completely baffled about how to organize your work desk and where to start from, read the article for some useful tips.
How To Keep Your Work Desk Organized
- Separate the current work files and documents from what you have already completed. Further, separate the ones that you won’t need for daily use or reference. You can transfer them to a safe place, which is also easily accessible for you, in case they are urgently needed.
- Get some trays to organize your paper work. You can group your papers and keep them in separate trays, with all the papers belonging to one group placed in one tray, and so on. Trays will also be of huge help considering that sometimes, all the papers do not fit in a single folder.
- Arrange all the supplies and put them in one place, preferably a desk drawer. Make sure that you have rubbers bands and paper clips in your supplies, as they go a long way in keeping your work papers together. Keep them in a packet, rather than scattering them on the desk, where you will never find them when you need them the most.
- Remove the personal trinkets that begin to form clutter. While you may want a desk that is suitably personalized for you, you can’t even think of organizing your desk without removing the unnecessary clutter and personal belongings. They just hog a lot of space, which can otherwise be utilized in much a better way.
- Make sure that whatever way you organize your table, the middle part always remains free. You need a place to start your work from and middle portion is the most used for working. Make sure that the middle part of the table is not cluttered.
- Store as much data in the computer as possible. This will save you from the Herculean task of organizing and arranging your papers every now and then. Since you can’t afford to lose the information contained in the millions of paper scraps that you have saved, it is always better to store it in the computer, which is also easier and less-time consuming to organize.
- Rather than organizing your desk once a month, when it takes you a complete day to get it organized, take 10 minutes out of your work schedule everyday and do it on a daily basis. You will save a lot of time and headache, if you clean your desk daily.