Getting beautiful and soft skin is not as difficult as one usually thinks it to be. Be it any complexion, even a plain skin can have a glowing and healthy look. Now, you would be wondering as to how many bucks you would have to spend to get this gorgeous look? The answer is nothing! Surprised, isn’t it? Just by exfoliating and moisturizing your skin at home, you can get a glowing healthy skin, all at no costs. Exfoliation not only eliminates the upper layer of the skin that contains dead cells, dirt and body secretions, but also reveals a new skin that is soft and supple. By removing the impurities from the skin, exfoliation assists in getting rid of problems, such as infected ingrown hair, pimples, skin infections and so on. The process supplies vital nutrients to the skin, thereby eliminating body wastes, reducing wrinkles and increasing circulation. Given here are some simple home remedies for exfoliating your skin. Go ahead and exfoliate regularly to get a fresh, young and healthy looking skin.
Home Remedies For Exfoliating Skin
- Combine 2 to 3 tbsp of virgin olive oil with ½ cup of white sugar. Use the mixture to scrub your body and face. This is an excellent exfoliating scrub for dry skin as olive oil will help in retaining the moisture and will not clog pores.
- Process a cup of oatmeal and some dried lavender blossoms until fine. Take a handful of the mix and add few tsp of water to form a mixture. Use it to scrub your face and find a clean and smooth skin beneath.
- You can also mix equal amounts of oatmeal and corn meal. Add a few raw sunflower seeds or raw almonds and few drops of essential oil, such as lavender or lemon. Blend all the ingredients until they reach a uniform consistency. Take a handful of the mix and combine with water to form a scrub. Thereafter, exfoliate your skin with it.
- Mix 1/8 cup of fresh organic oatmeal, 2 tbsp milk, 1 tsp baking soda and 1½ tsp almond or olive oil. Rub this mixture into your skin in a circular motion. Rinse with cold water and pat dry. This scrub is best for sensitive skin.
- Take ½ cup sea salt and mix it with ½ cup almond oil or olive oil and 10 to 15 drops of essential oil. Blend the contents well and apply to your entire body, except facial skin. Gently scrub your body and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Combine baking soda with enough aloe vera juice or gel to form a smooth paste. You can use either bottled or fresh aloe vera. Apply the scrub to your body and work in a circular motion. Rinse henceforth.
- Take 2 tbsp each of finely ground oatmeal, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix it with ½ cup vegetable or almond oil and 1 tsp nutmeg. Wet your face and rub the scrub gently in circular motion. Rinse well and pat dry.
- In a blender, place 8 strawberries and 2 tbsp olive oil. Process for a minute and pour it into a bowl. Add 2 tbsp sugar and mix well. Lather the paste all over your body and scrub gently. Rinse and find a fresh and glowing skin thereafter.
- Mix 1 cup warm coffee grounds with ½ tbsp sugar or sea salt and 2 tbsp olive oil. Rub the mixture all over your skin, paying special attention to rough areas like elbows and feet. Exfoliate your skin and rinse with tepid water. You will find a youthful and healthy skin beneath.
- Squeeze 2 lemons in a bowl. Add 1 cup each of sugar and honey and mix well. Wet your body and face and massage the mixture all over in circular motions. Rinse away and feel a great skin underneath.