Your face is the window to your soul. And just like the windows of your home reflect your décor; your face reflects your internal health. However, it is not always an internal weakness that makes your skin rough. The everyday pollution and prolonged exposure to sun rays cause your skin to dehydrate unnaturally. This dehydration, if not checked, can cause an irreparable damage to the skin cells and cause untimely wrinkling and other ageing signs. But since staying indoors to safeguard skin is not an option in today’s fast-moving world, you tend to depend on highly marketed and over-hyped beauty products which not only dig holes in your pocket but also cause more harm to your skin in the long run. To minimize the side effects of such products, it is always better if you turn to homemade and natural skin-care products. These products can completely replace the cosmetic skin-care products and give you the best results possible without any side effects. So, why wait. Try out some of these recipes and get that million-dollar glow without actually spending that much.
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Wheat Germ Moisturising Cream
- 3 tbsp wheat germ oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 oz. witch hazel
- 1 oz. glycerin
- ½ oz. rose water
- Mix and blend all these ingredients till it becomes a cream.
- Pour in a jar and store in refrigerator. Apply it on the body every day after shower.
Aloe Vera Moisturizer
- 6 tbsp Aloe Vera
- 6 tbsp mineral Water
- Mix equal parts of Aloe Vera juice and mineral water.
- Boil the mixture to form a creamy consistency.
- Cool and store in a jar and apply before sleeping.
- 4tbsp mineral water
- 4 tbsp pure almond oil
- Take equal parts of almond oil and mineral water on your palm
- Rub your hands to mix the ingredients.
- Apply this mix on your face regularly before sleeping.
Almond And Glycerin Night Cream
- 1 tsp Almond oil
- 1 tsp Milk powder
- 2 tbsp Glycerin
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Mix almond oil with milk powder, glycerin, and lemon juice.
- Blend them well and use it as a night cream.
- 1 Ripe Peach, mashed to pulp.
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Almond oil
- ¼ tsp Orange oil
- ¼ tsp Rose water
- Strain peach pulp through a sieve or muslin & extract all the juice.
- Blend all the ingredients together and whip them until fluffy.
- Use the cream as an all day cream and keep refrigerated.
Jojoba Facial Moisturiser
- 25ml Jojoba Oil
- 25ml Apricot Kernel Oil
- 2 tsp Evening Primrose Oil
- 15g Beeswax
- 2 cups plain Water
- 2 tsp Rosewater
- 1tsp Lemon juice
- 70ml bottled Water
- Mix plain water, beeswax, jojoba oil, and apricot kennel oil in a double boiler and heat till the wax melts completely.
- Pour out the mixture and let it cool.
- Pour bottled water, rosewater, lemon juice and primrose oil in the double boiler and heat till the mixture is warm.
- Add the cool jojoba mixture to this warm concoction and stir till the mixture turns thick, opaque and creamy.
- This cream lasts for about 2 months. Use it as a day cream.
- 1 fresh Lime juice
- ¼ cup boiled whole Milk
- 2 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- Mix these ingredients well and use as a night cream.
- Store in a refrigerator.
Facial Honey-Yogurt Moisturiser Mask
- 2 tsp
- fresh Lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 Egg White whipped
- Beat all the ingredients till stiff and apply this on your face,
- Leave on for 15 minutes then wash with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Facial Honey-Milk Moisturizing Mask
- Mix honey and milk and beat them to make smooth paste.
- Apply it on face and neck.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and after it gets dry rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Facial Tomato- Curd Moisturizing Mask:
- 2 tbsp Tomato juice
- 4 tsp Curd
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly till creamy.
- Apply on face and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.