Having a pet dog at home is like having an additional family member. He bids you goodbye at the door, when you go to the office, and eagerly waits for your arrival in the evening. When you are at home, he is constantly around you, keeping you busy in one way or the other. Though a dog is fun to be around, you also have to take good care of him and the care part includes giving him a proper bath as well. Contrary to what pet lovers tend to believe, it is not necessary to buy a costly shampoo for you dog, to ensure that he remains clean and fresh. Rather, a homemade shampoo is just as good, sometimes even better than the market-bought one. Do you want to try making dog shampoo on your own? If yes, then read on. In the following lines, we have listed a great recipe, to let you know how make dog shampoo at home.
Homemade Dog Shampoo Recipes
- 1 pint Antibacterial Liquid Dishwashing Soap
- 1 pint Water
- 1 pint Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 ounces Glycerin
- Take a plastic container and put the antibacterial liquid dishwashing soap.
- Now, add a pint of water and mix well.
- Mix in apple cider vinegar and stir to form a consistent solution.
- Finally, add glycerin and mix well.
- Your homemade dog shampoo is ready.
- Pour it into a container, such as a shampoo bottle or other squeeze bottle.
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Liquid Castile Soap
- 2 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- Up to 1 tsp Vegetable Glycerin or Vegetable Oil
- First of all, you need to take and put all the ingredients in it.
- Now, shake the jar well, so that the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Move your pet to the bathroom and get its coat thoroughly wet.
- Pour the shampoo on the coat, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Keep on lathering the coat, as you go on pouring the shampoo./
- Work in the shampoo with your hands.
- Now, rinse your pet’s coat thoroughly with water.
- Finally, towel-dry your pet.
- While bathing your dog with homemade shampoo, make sure not to get it into his eyes or ears.
- Always use a small amount of the shampoo first, since it creates a lot of lather. You can always take out more later on.
- Always keep the homemade shampoo in an airtight container, which is easy to pour as well. For the purpose, you can make use of one of your old shampoo bottles as well. However, it is advisable to clearly label the container, lest other people mistake it for something else.
- Never ever, use the homemade shampoo to clean the ears of your pet. At the same time, always rinse off the shampoo residue completely with water. Otherwise, it might lead to skin irritation.