Having friends for dinner is one of the best ways to catch up on old times and get to know all the latest gossip. Though when friends meet, the conversation matters more than the menu, you need to make sure that they do not go back empty stomach. After all, a dinner is a dinner, even if it’s not a formal one, and you need to play adequate attention to the menu. In this article, we have provided the recipe for Hawaiian potato salad. It is extremely delicious, though a little higher of carbohydrates, and is sure to leave your friends licking their fingers. Read on further and know how to make Hawaiian potato salad.
Hawaiian Potato Salad
- 4-6 Potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 6 Hardboiled Eggs, chopped
- 1½ cup Elbow Macaroni, uncooked
- 3 tsp Green Onions, chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, minced
- 1 jar Green Olives, drained and sliced
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, minced
- Mayonnaise (at least 1 cup)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First of all, you need to take a large pot and fill it with salted water.
- Place it on flame and add the potatoes.
- Let the water boil, till the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Strain the boiled potatoes and toss with green onions.
- Take another pot and put water in it.
- Add ½ tsp salt and a few drops of oil.
- Place the pot on flame and let the water boil.
- Now, add the macaroni and cook till tender.
- Strain and rinse macaroni with cold water, until cool.
- Take a large serving bowl and combine all ingredients, except the mayonnaise.
- Keep in the fridge and chill for 2 hours.
- Just before serving the salad, add mayonnaise.
- Initially, add 1 cup mayonnaise.
- Mix well and if you want, add more of it.
- Remember, after adding mayonnaise, salad should have creamy consistency.
- Finally, add salt and pepper to taste.