Calisthenics exercises can be described as those physical exercises that, though not a part of gymnastics, are closely related to it. They are freehand exercises that are done without any instrument, mainly with the purpose of increasing strength and endurance. There are basically two types of calisthenics exercises - aerobic exercises and anaerobic exercises. The former includes common exercises like jogging, long distance running, swimming, walking, and mild dancing, which can be sustained for long. The latter ones, on the other hand, can be endured for a few moments only and include activities like rope climbing.
Calisthenics exercise should be performed under a proper routine, which needs to be followed very carefully. While developing the routine, make sure to keep a 3-minute break between one calisthenics exercise and the other. In the initial stage, the number of repetitions in a particular exercise should be five. However, as the person gets used to the exercise pattern and schedule, the number of repetitions should be increased, but gradually. As a beginner, he/ she should start with core calisthenics exercises and with time, proceed to the advanced ones. In the following lines, we have listed the benefits of calisthenics workout.
Advantages of Calisthenics Exercises
- Calisthenics do not require you to use any special equipment. They are done of freehand basis.
- Calisthenics exercises can be done anywhere and anytime. You do not need to go to a gym or set the equipments to perform them.
- Calisthenics can be done by people belonging to all age groups and genders, without undergoing any risk of bodily harm.
- You don’t need to invest money in expensive gym equipments, in order to undergo a calisthenics workout. It is almost free of cost.
- Calisthenics leads to an improvement in overall strength and energy of your body, in turn promoting overall health.
- Calisthenics exercises have been known to improve mental health, which in turns helps in treating depression, stress, anxiety, and the like.
- You can do calisthenics with a partner also. Infact, pairing with someone can help increase the resistance level of the exercises.
- Calisthenics workout can help burn unwanted fat in the body, thus providing you with a lean and fit physique.
- Calisthenics help strengthen the muscles, including skeletal and cardiac muscles, of the body.
- Indulging in calisthenics exercises on a regular basis can help improve the body’s resistance, in turn helping it fight against several diseases.
- Calisthenics, when done on a regular basis, can help provide relief from various body and muscle pains.
- Calisthenics exercises are known to promote vigor, resistance, flexibility, agility and coordination in the body muscles.
- In calisthenics, even a few exercises can help you work the entire muscle group of the body.
- One of the significant advantages of calisthenics exercises is that they help exercise your body in a total and balanced manner.
- Calisthenics increase the heart beat rate of a person, thus improving the health of his heart and lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases.