Strawberry pretzel dessert is a typical dessert from the Mexican cuisine, presented with different layers. Also known as strawberry jello pretzel salad, this dessert usually has three different layers. The lower layer consists of crushed pretzels, while the middle layer is prepared with a mixture of cream cheese and whipped topping. The third layer contains strawberry gelatin, which has been mixed with fresh strawberries. In case you are wondering how to prepare this delicious and mouth-watering delicacy, simple go through the following lines. You will find two delicious recipes for preparing strawberry pretzel dessert.
How To Make Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 cups Pretzels (crushed)
- ¾ cup Butter (melted)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package Cream Cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container Whipped Topping
- 2 (3-ounce) packages Strawberry Gelatin Dessert Mix
- 2 cups Water (boiling)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages Strawberries (frozen)
- Whipped Topping or Whipped Cream (for garnishing)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine together pretzels, butter and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Take a 9 x 13 inch pan and press the pretzel mixture into the pan, to form the crust.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove and set aside for cooling.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine cream cheese and ¾ cup of sugar in it.
- Add in the whipped topping and mix well.
- Spread the cream mixture over the cooled crust.
- Refrigerate the preparation until chilled.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, in a small bowl. Keep it aside for slight cooling.
- Add strawberries to the gelatin and pour over the set crust.
- Refrigerate until set and well chilled.
- Slice the dessert and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.
- ¾ cup Reduced Fat Margarine (melted)
- 7 tbsp Sugar (divided)
- 8 ounces Low-fat Cream Cheese
- 20 ounces Unsweetened Crushed Canned Pineapple
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Crushed Pretzels
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes Sugar-free Strawberry Gelatin
- Sugar Substitute (equivalent to ½ cup sugar)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages Frozen Sliced Sweetened Strawberries (thawed)
- 8 ounces Frozen Light Whipped Dessert Topping (thawed)
- Combine together crushed pretzels, 3 tablespoons sugar and margarine.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Press and set the pretzel mixture onto the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the mixture at 400°F, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool the mixture on a wire rack.
- Take another mixing bowl and mix together sugar substitute, the remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and cream cheese.
- Beat the mixture using an electric mixer, until the ingredients are well blended.
- Add in whipped topping and mix well.
- Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Refrigerate the mixture until well chilled and set.
- Separate the pineapple juice from the can and add enough water to measure one cup.
- Pour the pineapple juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Transfer the pineapple juice in a bowl and add strawberry gelatin to it. Stir well to dissolve the gelatin.
- Separate the strawberries from the juice and add water to measure ½ cup of strawberry juice.
- Add the strawberry juice to the gelatin mixture and stir well.
- Refrigerate the mixture until well set.
- Add strawberries and pineapple pieces to the gelatin mixture.
- Spread this mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours, until well chilled.