Spaghetti squash (also known as vegetable spaghetti, noodle squash, or spaghetti marrow) is an oblong seed bearing variety of winter squash. The color of the fruit can range either from ivory to yellow to orange or green with white streaks. When raw the flesh is solid, however, on cooking, the flesh falls away from the fruit in ribbons or strands like spaghetti. Spaghetti squash is a rich source of potassium and folic acid. Other than this, spaghetti squash is great choice for diabetic people as it doesn’t cause the blood sugar levels to rise! Leaving aside the nutritional value, you can use spaghetti squash for some mouth-watering recipes. It’s mild flavor resembling somewhat like that of yellow summer squash is simply delicious! Bake it in microwave or roast its seeds just like that of pumpkin seeds, you can’t resist it in any form. Here are some of the delicious spaghetti squash recipes, which can be perfect for any occasion! Try these recipes and serve your family not only something delicious but also nutritious.
Easy Spaghetti Squash Recipes
Baked Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 medium Spaghetti squash
- 12 oz Italian sausages
- 1 1/2 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 1/2 cup Red pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- Cut squash length wise and remove seeds.
- Place squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish with just a little water and cover
- Cook for 15 minutes
- In a skillet, heat oil.
- Add mushrooms, onions, garlic and sausages.
- Cook till the sausages are done.
- When squash is done, with a fork remove the skin.
- Grease baking dish
- Spread half squash and half sausage mixture in the dish.
- Sprinkle with seasoning, cheese and tomato sauce.
- Top with remaining squash and sausage mixture.
- Bake for thirty minutes at temperature of 350 degreesF.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bake it for five more minutes.
- Let it stand in oven for ten more minutes.
- Baked spaghetti squash is ready.
Spaghetti Squash With Garlic And Oil Recipe
- 1 2-3 lb. Spaghetti squash
- 10 Grape tomatoes (halved)
- Olive oil
- 1 Yellow Squash (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 Zucchini (chopped)
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise
- Remove the seeds
- Baste with olive oil, pepper and salt to taste.
- Bake in oven for one hour at temperature of 350 degrees F.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Squash zucchini, yellow squash, garlic and onion for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook till soft.
- When spaghetti squash is done remove from oven and with a fork remove the skin.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Keep it in serving bowl and add vegetable mixture to it.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle olive oil and grated parmesan cheese over top
- Serve with a green salad and loaf of bread.
Spaghetti Squash And Shrimp
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 cup. Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 lb. Shrimp (shelled and cleaned )
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh Oregano (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 cup. Pine nuts (toasted)
- Cut squash into half and remove seeds
- Place the cut side of the squash down in a microwave safe dish with just a little water and cover it.
- Cook for fifteen minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Once it’s done, cool and scoop out insides.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté garlic.
- Add shrimp, spices and lemon juice.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally
- Add tomatoes and spinach and cook until vegetables are wilted.
- Now, add pine nuts, cheese and toss with squash.
- Serve in squash shells!