When you watch the advertisement of a waxing cream, the scene always portrays an image of a woman with no unwanted hair and skin like a goddess. However, the reality behind it is different. Although waxing is the most popular and effective semi permanent way of removing unwanted hair, there are some side effects of it too. Although not fatal, these side effects of waxing can prove very uncomfortable and can sometimes cause serious skin problems. There can be redness, burn and many other side effect of waxing. The best thing would be to avoid very regular waxing. Knowing about the side effects and how to avoid them will help you treat it better. Read on to know more about the side effects of waxing and how to avoid them.
After Effects Of Waxing
- One of the most important side effects of waxing is the loss of suppleness and elasticity of skin. The ripping of the wax strip on a very regular basis can create this problem.
- Sometimes a prolonged usage of waxing tend to increase the wrinkle on the body. It is because with waxing the body loses the elasticity and thus develops wrinkles.
- Some short-term effects of waxing is the irritation and redness of the skin. It happens sometimes because of skin’s allergy to it or may be because of using dirty wax strips.
- You may also get rashes on skin or even reddish bumps on skin after the use of waxing. Sometimes you may get burns after using hot wax. Even the skin darkening symptoms are seen to occur as side effects of waxing.
- If the waxing is done improperly, you may even get skin infection. Also if you are diabetic, you should avoid waxing as it may create sever problem for you.
- Sometimes you may even be allergic to waxing and waxing may create allergic reactions in your skin.
How to Avoid Side Effects of Waxing
- Before you are going for waxing, wash the body to make sure that the skin is non-greasy and pat it dry properly.
- After you have had waxing, avoid going in direct sun at least for 24 hours. Also it is advisable not to wear very tight clothes after waxing.
- You also should avoid extreme heat. Heat and sweat can cause bacteria to builds up that can result in rashes.
- After you are done waxing, apply ice packs, cold compressor, or any soothing lotion to minimize the reaction.
- Also if you are applying hot wax on your home, check the temperature by applying it on the back of your hand before applying anywhere else. This way you won’t burn yourself.
- If you are taking any kind of medication, ask your doctor before going for waxing, especially, if you are taking medication for acne.
- Also If you are suffering from sun burn, any kind of skin infection or broken skin, then you should avoid waxing.
- Always make sure that the waxing cream, which you are using, is not too past its expiry and always go for only single use strips to make the chances of side effects negligible.
- After 24 to 48 hours, you can exfoliate the skin to prevent the accumulation of dead skin.
- You can also use witch hazel or aloe vera to sooth the skin.