Root beer is a carbonated drink, made from sassafras, which comes into two varieties - soft drink variety and alcoholic variety. It means that if your kids insist that they will have the same drink as you, you can give them the soft drink variety and have the alcoholic variety for yourself. Apart from being a popular beverage, root beer is also used in a number of recipes. One amongst them is cake recipe. Yes, you read that right! There is something known as a root beer cake also. If you want to what is root beer cake and how exactly is it made, check out the following lines. We have provided a couple of easy recipes for root beer cake, complete with ingredients and instructions.
How to Make Root Beer Cake
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Root Beer
- Sieve the floor, along with baking powder and salt.
- Crack eggs in a bowl and beat it thoroughly, till it becomes fluffy.
- Take butter in a bowl and add sugar to it. Blend properly.
- Combine floor, beaten eggs and butter-sugar mix, along with beer and vanilla, in a large mixer bowl.
- Blend the mixture well, at low speed.
- Now, beat for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Take a baking pan and grease it with a thin layer of butter.
- Pour the beaten mixture into the greased pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the mixture in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- After the cake is baked well, transfer it to a serving plate and put it in the rack, so that it cools down to the room temperature.
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Root Beer
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 sticks of Margarine
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- Sieve the all-purpose flour and put it in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl. Blend well with a spoon and reserve.
- In a saucepan, combine margarine and a cup of root beer. Bring the mixture to a boil. Ensure that you cook it over medium flame. Stir the mixture well, until it boils. Once it has started boiling, remove it from flame.
- Stir in the boiled mixture to the already prepared mixture of all-purpose flour and sugar. Blend the mixture well, so that no lumps are formed. Set it aside.
- In a large measuring cup, blend together milk, vanilla, soda and the beaten eggs. Add salt to the mixture and whisk it again.
- Blend the mixture (prepared in the above step) well and combine it with the flour mixture and then add miniature marshmallows to it. Blend well.
- Transfer the batter into a 9X13” baking pan, which is well-greased with butter.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake the batter in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Once the cake is baked well, transfer it to a serving plate and allow it to cool to the room temperature, before serving.