Fertility simply means a couple’s chances of becoming pregnant. If both a man and a woman are fertile, they have good chances of conceiving a baby at some point of time. Although fertility sounds easy, it is actually complicated. There are various factors that play a role in contributing to fertility such as diet, exercise and overall health. Moreover, the environmental causes affect pregnancy to a large extent such as the food we eat, the water we drink and the air we breathe. There are numerous natural ways to increase fertility that include simple evaluation of life style and making necessary changes. Read on further to know the different ways to improve fertility naturally.
How To Improve Fertility Naturally
- Being underweight or overweight can impact a woman’s chances to ovulate properly. It is important to maintain a healthy weight to increase male fertility. To attain this goal, intake a healthy diet along with exercise on a regular basis.
- Get plenty of sleep and get at least seven to nine hours of sleep every night.
- Stop smoking as it has a bad impact on both male and female reproductive systems. Prolonged smoking can reduce the sperm count as well.
- Since studies have revealed a connection between the use of insecticides and pesticides and male fertility problems, choose the herbal and organic route. Switch to certified organic fruits, vegetables and meat to reduce toxic exposure.
- A balanced diet is very essential to nourish the reproductive system and regulate body hormones. It also helps in maintaining a healthy weight as women who are underweight or overweight find it difficult to conceive. For better fertility, your balanced diet should include tofu, fish, vegetables, grains, meat, eggs and lean.
- Consume foods that are rich in folate like leafy green vegetables, kidney beans, orange juice, citrus fruits, peanuts, broccoli, asparagus, peas, lentils and whole-grain products. Folic acid can be found in foods like enriched breads, pastas, rice and cereals.
- Avoid alcohol in case you are trying to conceive. It can decrease your fertility by up to 50%.
- Eliminate caffeine as it is detrimental to fertility. Reduce all foods that contain caffeine such as coffee, tea, soda and chocolate.
- Control the stress in your life as high stress can lower your fertility more than any other factor.
- Have sex near the ovulation as it improves your chances of getting pregnant with each menstrual cycle.
- Men should wear boxers instead of briefs as boxers will reduce the risk of testicles getting overheated, which can damage the sperm.
- Certain sexual positions, like the missionary position, doggy position, cowboy position and spoon position, can help direct the sperm nearer to the cervix, which in turn increases the woman’s chances of conceiving.
- Just like male orgasm is linked to getting pregnant, female orgasm is also important to for a couple’s chances of getting pregnant. When a woman experiences orgasm during sex, it draws the semen into the cervix, thus resulting in higher chances of conceiving.
- After the intercourse, elevate your hips and buttocks to increase your chances of conceiving as it helps the semen to stay close to the cervix and prevents leakage of the semen. Lie in bed for about 20 minutes with a pillow propped under your hips to boost fertility.