The day of love, Valentine’s Day doesn’t bring love to everyone. Sometimes it brings pains and misery too. This one day becomes the reminder of loneliness for all the people who are single or have lost their relationship. Actually, it can be quite a gloomy day for singles when all you can see around is heart shaped balloons and the images of lovey-dovey romance. When everything is caked with love, it becomes almost unworkable to digest the singledom. Making your way past 14 February, without actually your heart being plucked out of your trussed chest, may seem impossible but it is achievable. Read on to know the tips for surviving Valentine’s Day when you are single.
Tips For Surviving Valentine’s Day When You Are Single
- Take it as yet another day. Remember that fifty years before nobody even knew about Valentine’s Day. Spend the day how you usually do and you wouldn’t know how the day passed and another came.
- If the nagging thought of being single is haunting you, then think of those who don’t have anyone in their life. Spend day working at a hospital or volunteer to work at the orphanage.
- Take all your single friends to a night out. Choose a crowded place and completely let loose. Watch movies, drink, and dance.
- If you want to make this day special for you, make the day special to all the people closer to you by inviting your family to a dinner party. Have a blast with whole family and you wouldn’t miss the absence of anyone in your life.
- Remember that this day is completely commercialized and tell yourself that if you can survive the whole year being single, there is nothing more special to this day.
- Instead of feeling low and depressed think of what you can do being single. Think of all the divorces happening around you, the fights being fought and think of all the things you couldn’t do if you were in a relationship.
- Pamper yourself. Remember Valentine’s Day is the day of love and you can love yourself. So give in for a spa treatment or go for a head to toe pampering at the nearest salon. Shop for your favorite clothes and go for trips.
- If many of your friends are single then spend the day with them. Go for movies or rent them at home. Bitch about everyone else and the commercialization of love and you would have a bash.
- Don’t pity yourself and don’t call your ex. There is nothing to be ashamed of being single. Remember that you are independent and being single is your choice and not a forced option.
- Don’t succumb to the most common tendency of comparing. A couple-dom may look all mauve and peaches from outside but a lot go behind it to make it a success. So don’t give yourself to comparison.
- If you are still searching for your Mr. /Ms Right, don’t give in for a blind dating as it may make you more miserable. Don’t go for first date on this day unless you are sure that he/she is the right person for you.
- Remember that you too will find someone to spend the day with someday. Be patient and he/she will show up. Till then give yourself to mollycoddling yourself, have bubble bath and cook your favorite dinner.
- Keep yourself occupied even when you have nothing to do. If you are working and the day is another holiday, clean your house or give some time for hobbies.
- Don’t mock your couple friends and avoid them if they call you. If you don’t want to talk to them, let them know in advance.