Language is the tool used for conveying and expressing feelings and emotions. Language helps in communicating and conversing with one another. It becomes easier to express and communicate with others, if the conversation is in common language. English has become the most common language and widely spoken language in the world today. In fact in the present era, good command over English has become a necessity, even if English is not someone’s mother tongue. Knowledge of English will help a person develop his/her self confidence by giving them the power to take part in conversations. Learning English and speaking it fluently is an easy task. It is just a matter of your dedication and sincere efforts. English is quiet easy to follow as it has aspects of several languages in it, therefore only little bit of hard work and dedication will make you fluent in the language.
Tips To Speak English Fluently
- The first and foremost step towards speaking English fluently is to decide the purpose of learning the language. Determine whether you want to learn the language just for day to day use or for a specific purpose. Depending on your need of the language choose the version or level you will have to master.
- Depending on your use of the language, decide and put aside the vocabulary and the sentence construction which is ideal for you to learn, as you cannot learn everything. Pick up around ten words and sentences from the particular area everyday and practice them thoroughly.
- Practice using new words in real situations by integrating them into conversations. Try and learn even the antonyms and the synonyms of each word and the correct structure in which you can use the word.
- Choose a friend or a partner with whom you can practice speaking the language. Having a person who knows English to speak to will help you improvise your usage of words and formation of sentences. If the person you choose is your good friend, then learning becomes easier, as you have your own comfort zone with them.
- People who know the language well modify their language by using idioms, phrases, and slangs depending on the situation. Do not try and use any such phrases or idioms till the time you are confident of their correct usage. It takes years of exposure to the language for someone to modify the language according to the situation, which you as a beginner cannot expect to do. The trick here will be to use simple recognized version of English by keeping the usage correct.
- Try and avoid any form of grammatical errors when speaking. Grammar is the basic of any language which need to be mastered in order to speak the language accurately. Practice is the only key here. It is only through enough practice that you will be able to get the grammar correct, which will help you become fluent in its usage.
- There are many institutions that provide both classes and online education for oral and written English. One can make use of any such facility and get professionally trained in the language.