How many times have you left an excellent shirt because it was a little large for your size? Just when you think you found a perfect shirt that would be in sync with your personality and would make just the right style statement, you realize that the shirt is a bit on the larger side. Almost all of us can relate to such a situation. However, you do not need to give up or feel depressed about it. It is the time to be happy, as we have listed the best way of shrinking shirts, so as to make them fit you. Go through the following lines and find information on how to shrink a shirt so that it fits you perfectly.
Best Way Of Shrinking Shirts
- Washing machine
- Before attempting to shrink your shirt, make sure that it is not already shrunk. If the shirt is pre-shrunk, it would be difficult to shrink it again.
- Once you have determined this, it is time to shrink the shirt. The best way to do it would be to wash the shirt in a washing machine, in the highest possible suitable temperature. This would allow for maximum shrinkage.
- Make sure to wash the shirt in hot water. Though it is the tumbling action of a washing machine that causes the shirt to shrink, hot water adds to the effort.
- When the shirt has been washed, keep it in the dryer at the highest temperature. Make sure you leave the garment in the dryer for a slightly longer period time than is usually required.
- If you are still not satisfied with the shrinkage, repeat the whole process again. However, this time instead of drying the shirt, iron it at a higher temperature, until it becomes completely dry.
- Now, all you need to do is to wear your shirt and flaunt it!