How difficult is it to earn even one extra penny, but how easy is it to spend the entire money earned!! We all like to spend money, but rarely do we give a thought to the importance of saving it. Saving money is one of those tasks that is so hard to accomplish. However, once you realize the importance of money and put in little bit of efforts to adopt cautious spending habits; you can reap rewards like never before. Remember ‘a penny saved is a penny earned’. These top quotes about money tell about its importance. For many of us, saving is the most difficult task as being spendthrift has become a habit. Browse through the following lines and explore some easy ways and tips to save your hard earned money.
Money Saving Tips
- The first step is to start distinguishing between your wants and needs. Needs are something that are necessary for you to sustain, while wants are things which enhance your standards of living. Once you realize the difference between the two, you may end up saving lot money, which you thought was spent on necessity, but were actually mere wants.
- Make a budget for yourself. Unless you realize the amount of money you are getting and the amount of money you are spending, you will not be able to save money. Once you realize where are you spending your money and how much, only then you can control your expenses to save money. So, always keep a record of your spending.
- Start spending less. Look for things which would cost less, yet offer you almost the same benefits. However, do not buy things unnecessarily, to add to the already existing materials, just because they are on sale. Spend only when there is a need for the product or service.
- Try to buy in bulk. Make a list of all those things that you regularly use. At the same time, decide on the ones that you can store for future use also. Bulk shopping saves enough money and also avoids the hassle of every day shopping. In this way, you will be prepared for the bulk amount and can restrict yourself from the extra expenditure for each day.
- Do not use credit cards and make sure you never ever remain in debt. Discipline yourself to pay off your debts each month, so that you will not face the burden of it later on. This way, you can also keep a check on your expenses.
- Get a piggy bank for yourself and indulge in the habit of putting a fixed amount or maybe a little more, but not less, in your piggy bank, once a week. This way, you will be able to save small amount of money every weekend, which would pile up to be a large amount at the end of a few months.
- Do not vouch for restaurants and coffee shops when you are thinking of saving money. Food and beverage outside would cost you many times more than what you would spend at home. Once in a while, it is okay to treat yourself. However, this should not be done regularly.
- Do not fall prey to the word ‘Sale’. Assess if there is a sale for sure and that you are benefiting from it, and not the retailer, only then jump into a shopping spree. Shop wisely. Look for stores which actually offer consumer-friendly discounts.
- Make yourself aware of all the big and the small things. Consume less in terms of quantity, but do not sacrifice on quality. Save on electricity, water and many other things that would not only contribute towards saving money, but would also make you environment friendly.