If all the ballyhoo on how smoking kills have not inspired you to kick the bad habit yet, here’s one more reason on why you should stub that butt. Smoking not only kills, but also taints! Smoker’s stains, as they are better hyped as, are unattractive ugly yellow blotches that usually surfaces on a smoker’s fingers, nails, teeth and yes, moustache too. Years of nicotine build-up on your moustache can often lead it to discoloration, leaving you with an oh-not-so-pleasant appearance. Smoking is a serious challenge, and stubbing the butt may just need a little more inspiration than the saying - “Smoking is injurious to health”. Nicotine tends to leave an unpleasant brownish tint on moustache that looks unsightly and often clashes with one’s confidence. Though doing away with these nicotine stains is as difficult as defying the addiction itself, it is not impossible to get rid of the stains altogether. Here are some tried-and-tested tips to help you get rid of ugly nicotine stains from your moustache. Read on to know how to remove the unsightly taint.
Tips To Remove Nicotine Stains From Moustache
- If you are the kind of an addict who thinks that nicotine is one of the few good things that makes life worth living and won’t mind trading your moustache for it, this tip may be the thing for you. Just get hold of a razor and knock off your moustache to do away with your tanned mpustache look. However, for those who love their moustache as much as much as their fag, trimming off the stained hair will help.
- Nicotine stains on your moustache can be really off-putting and are an absolute no-no. To lighten the blemish, wring out smokers toothpaste on a brush and generously apply it on your moustache. Allow it to sit for several minutes before rinsing it off. For better results, add baking soda to your toothpaste..
- Nicotine stain is never an easy thing to do away with and often calls for exhaustive efforts. An easy and inexpensive way to get rid of nicotine stain is to treat it with hydrogen peroxide. Just brush a little hydrogen peroxide on your moustache using a clean toothbrush, and allow it to stand still for some time. Rinse off with clean water.
- Nicotine stains is an embarrassing problem that is likely to recur, unless you chuck the habit. However, to prevent your moustache from staining often, try exhaling cigarette through your mouth instead of your nose. Exhaling through nose tends to tar your moustache faster. To learn how to puff out through mouth, just plug in some earplugs in your nose and practice exhaling through your mouth.
- While all the build-up-removers and purifying cleansers can do little to treat your stained moustache, there are some specialized shampoos that are known to be quite effective against tanning. Just dab a little shampoo on your moustache, massage it gently using a swab or brush, allow it to stand still for few minutes before rinsing it off with tepid water. Repeat this process for best results.
- If everything else fails, stubbing the butt will help. After all, smoking is injurious to your health. So, let this reason be a perfect excuse to dump the habit and flaunt a better looking, healthier you.