If you have kids of your own, you must be aware that how difficult it is to keep the house clean. One of the worst things they can do is apply stickers on the window glass. For them, it is a short-term fun, but for you, it becomes a great headache. The glue that is left after taking off the stickers is one of the hardest to remove. On top of that, if not removed in the proper way, it can also result in major scratches on the glass. In case you are looking for some home remedy or other tips for removing glue from windows, make use of the information provided in the following lines.
How to Remove Glue from Window
Remove Glue From Window With Cleaning Solution
- Cleaning Solution
- Putty Knife/ Window Scraper
- Razor Blade
- Glass Cleaner
- Soft Cloth/ Paper Towels
- Using a blunt object, peel off as much glue from the window as possible. This will help cut down on the time that will be consumed later on.
- Spray the cleaning solution on the windows, directly on the glue. Let it sit for a while, so that the glue loosens a bit.
- Making use of the putty knife or window scraper, scrape off the glue that has loosened with the spray.
- In case you feel that the glue is very stubborn, you can use razor blade to take it off. However, be careful enough not to damage the windows.
- Now, spray the window with glass cleaner.
- Finally, using cloth or paper towels, wipe the windows clean.
- In case the glue is still sticking on, repeat the entire procedure.
Remove Glue From Window With Nail Polish Remover Or Rubbing Alcohol
- Nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol
- Window Scraper
- Paper towel
- Dab the paper towel with a little nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol.
- In a circular motion, rub the paper towel on to the glue stain.
- Now using a window scrapper gently scrap away the adhesive. However before you use window scraper, make sure to check that you window doesn’t get scratches on it.
- If the stain is stubborn, pour a little nail polish remover again on a clean paper towel and then wipe it in circular motion. Repeat it until the stain goes away.
Remove Glue From Window With Cold Cream Or Cooking Oil
- Cold cream
- Window Scraper
- Soap water solution
- Cold cream and even cooking oil could be used for removing the adhesive stain from the window.
- Take a blob of cold cream on the paper towel and in circular motion rub it on the stain.
- After you have rubbed the cold cream on the stain, use the scrapper to remove the remains of the adhesive.
- You could also use cooking oil to remove the stain. Pour a little cooking oil on the stain and let it set for few minutes. Now pour a little on the paper towel and rub it vigorously. Use the window scrapper to remove the adhesive.
- After you are done, wash the window with soap water solution. Make sure the water is lukewarm. The cold cream or the cooking oil may leave a film on the window and so you need to use soap water to remove it.