Tired after the long day at work and want some really good drink to quench your thirst? Try a glass of buttermilk! We can assure you that once you try it, you would like to have at least one more glass. Initially, buttermilk was the residual liquid after the butter is churned, but nowadays several types of buttermilk are available. This dairy drink comes in various types including traditional buttermilk, cultured buttermilk, acidified buttermilk and powdered buttermilk. Yes, the long-established drink is getting popular in the present-day world and why not, it is healthy and contains fewer calories. In fact, buttermilk is lower in fat when compared to milk. So, you can have as much of the drink as you want, without worrying about your well-shaped belly. Moreover, you will not have to go to the market for the same, because you can follow the steps for making buttermilk at home. Preparing buttermilk is extremely simple and you can make this easily at home in large quantities, not to mention, with not much expense. Want to know more? Here are some easy recipes to make the tastiest buttermilk. Go through the following lines and know how to make buttermilk at home.
Easy Buttermilk Recipe
- 1 cup Milk Cream
- 2 cups Water
- Pour the milk cream in a blender and beat for about 1 minute.
- Add water constantly, while blending the milk cream.
- Process the milk cream for another 30 seconds.
- You will get a liquid that will contain both butter and buttermilk.
- Separate the butter from the liquid.
- The liquid left behind is buttermilk.
- Garnish the buttermilk with your choice of garnishing, such as chili powder, coriander leaves, roasted onions, pepper, roasted ground nuts, etc.
- Refrigerate the buttermilk and serve chilled.
- 1 cup Yogurt/ Curd
- 2 cups Water
- A pinch of Salt
- Put curd in a blender and process it for about 15 to 20 seconds on medium speed.
- Add water to the curd and process for another 10 seconds to blend well.
- Add salt to taste as per your liking.
- Refrigerate the buttermilk.
- Serve chilled.
- 1 glass of whole milk
- 1 lemon or 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Pour a glass of milk in a bowl.
- Squeeze one drop of lemon juice into the bowl or add one tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Let the mixture stand for at least 10 minutes for it to curdle.
- 1 1/3 cups of non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 cup of store-bought buttermilk
- 4 cups of hot water
- Take a bowl and pour in 4 cups of hot water.
- Wait for the hot water to cool down a bit and then add non-fat dry milk powder.
- Mix well until the powder dissolves.
- Pour the store-bought buttermilk into the mixture and stir well.
- Cover the bowl with cheesecloth for about 18 hours until the mixture thickens.
- Tightly cover the bowl and refrigerate.
Buttermilk is the leftover liquid after the butter is churned out of fresh milk. There are many advantages attributed to buttermilk. It can be consumed as a healthy dairy beverage and is also used for cooking purposes too. Most people use buttermilk for baking pancakes, biscuits, muffins, breads and for preparing other delicious desserts. The latest buttermilk is cultured buttermilk and it contains less than 2 per cent fat. Although, you can buy buttermilk out from a grocery store, preparing it at home is an easier task and less expensive for that matter. So use these easy buttermilk recipes to make the perfect buttermilk.