The eye is one of the most complex organs that had taken thousands of years to evolve from the light sensitive organ to the complex structure that it is today. The complexity of the eye also makes it necessary that it should be taken care of properly. Otherwise, like all the other organs it also can get damaged. The nerves and all the other components that make the eye function can degenerate leading to impaired vision. Poor eyesight is the worst of all disabilities. This sensitive organ must be kept in the top condition so that it retains its powerful senses throughout your life. For most people this is not possible, as the number of people wearing glasses will tell you. Many people also don’t know that most eye related problems can be treated effectively with certain home remedies, instead of going for a surgery or wearing glasses. To improve your eyesight the best is to have a gradual approach. Let every day be a treatment day where for a certain period of time you do only those things that boost your vision. If you regularly take care of your eyes then your sight will always be in top condition. To know more read the article below on tips on improving your eyesight.
Tips On Improving Eyesight
- Include generous amounts of apple and grapes in your daily diet. Grapes and apples are excellent in improving your eyesight.
- Carrots are the best in enhancing the eyesight, as they are a rich source of vitamin A, iron, and beta-carotene. A medium sized carrot a day will improve the vision by helping in the creation and growth of new cells in the eyes.
- Drink a glass of cucumber juice every day. The juice of cucumber has been found to be very effective in strengthening the eye, thus preventing them from natural damage.
- Spinach is a rich source of nutrients that are very good for the eyes. Spinach is rich in iron, vitamin A, B and C. These nutrients are excellent in improving your vision. Eat at least 3 ounces of spinach a day to prevent the dystrophy of the eye retina.
- Other food items that are very good for the eye as they are rich in vitamin A are milk cream, turnip, butter, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, soy beans, green peas, oranges and dates.
- Blueberry juice or extract is also very beneficial for the eyes. You can also eat 3 to 4 ounce of blueberries a day. It increases the blood circulation in the retina and also prevents eye cataract and glaucoma. Regular intake of blueberries increases the sharpness of your vision.
- To protect and strengthen the eye nerves, eat one egg a day. It also protects the eye from cataracts, as eggs are a rich source of proteins and lutein.
- The sharpness of the eye vision can also be increased by the consumption of beef as it contains protein, vitamin A, B and C, potassium and iron.
- Apricots keep the eye capillaries healthy. Eat 2 to 3 dry or fresh apricots every day. This fruit is an excellent source of beta-carotene, biotin, phosphorus, and cellulose.
- Intake of raw or boiled beetroot or even its juice relaxes the eyes and relieves it from strain. Beet is also an important source of nutrients that benefit the eye.
- Drink a glass of wild rose tea daily to enhance the durability and elasticity of the eye vessels. Drinking a glass of hawthorn tea also promotes the circulation of the blood to the retina.
- Incorporate parsley in your diet and you don’t have to worry about your eyes. The nutrients of parsley protect the eye from cataracts, conjunctivitis, cornea ulceration, and also eye nerve diseases. It is a rich source of beta-carotene, potassium, and vitamin C. Eat at least one ounce of parsley a day to strengthen your eyes.