Are you tired of hideous white heads on your face, which are difficult to remove and keep appearing within days of their removal? Almost all of us have either whiteheads or black heads on our skin, mostly on our face. White heads basically comprise of sebum and keratin, which block the pores of our skin. They reside inside the skin, forming white bumps that are quite visible on the skin surface. However, white heads are not inflamed and infected like acnes. Many people tend to scratch their white heads in order to remove them hastily, but scratching can cause damage to the skin and other related problems. This article brings you some very useful tips on how to get rid of white heads, safely. Read on to know what it takes to get the perfect smooth skin, free of white heads and blemishes.
Getting Rid Of White Heads
- Hot compressor
- Sterile needle
- Facial scrub
- Acne lotion or cream
- In order to open the pore of a white head, you need to apply a hot wet compressor on it. Now, take a sterile needle and pop the whitehead with the needle, while gently squeezing it. Take care to wash your face before and after you treat the white head.
- You can also use an exfoliating scrub to get rid of the whiteheads. Choose a scrub that suits your skin type and exfoliate your skin two to three times a week. Natural scrubs can also be used and you can easily prepare them at home. Mix oatmeal with yoghurt for oily skin and oatmeal and milk for dry skin. Make a paste and apply it on your face. Leave it on for 5-8 minutes and gently massage with your finger tips, in circular motion.
- Those who have white heads need to keep their skin perpetually clean. Wash your face with warm water and mild cleanser or soap, at least twice a day. Steam your face twice a week, for short durations, to unclog the pores of the whiteheads.
- If home treatments are not helping you, it is an indicator that you need to see a dermatologist. Skin specialists use an extraction method to remove the white heads, in which a sterile pen shaped instrument is used to open the pores of the skin and remove sebum.
- Tropical lotions are helpful in opening the clogged pores of the skin. Acne or blackhead creams also work well on white heads. However, do consult a dermatologist before using any lotion or cream.
- Creamy oil and cosmetics can aggravate the problem of white heads. Even otherwise, take care that you do not let your skin remain oily for a long duration.
- Do not attempt to touch your whitehead without washing your hands and don’t try to prick or scratch the white heads.