Ear wax is a yellowish-brown waxy substance present inside your ears, which is produced by the ear glands. Ear wax provides protection for the ear drums from bacteria, insects, dust and dirt. However, the excessive production of the wax can hamper the hearing ability, or lead itchy sensation in the ears. As a result, you would want to get rid of the earwax immediately. Although there is no need to remove the entire wax present inside your ears, regular cleaning is still recommended. All you need is remove the excessive wax, so that the substance is still present inside your ears, to protect the ear drum. Removing it with warm olive oil is one of the safest methods. Learn how to remove ear wax in the following lines.
How To Remove Ear Wax
- Olive Oil
- Rubber Syringe
- Heat the olive oil to a temperature that is bearable by the soft skin of your ear.
- Pour the warm olive oil in an eyedropper.
- Take the eyedropper into the opening of the outer ear canal.
- Put two to three drops of warm olive oil into the ear. While doing this, your head should be tilted and the ear should be pulled up gently.
- This way, the oil passes inside the ear and loosens the wax.
- It is the time to remove the loosened up ear wax with the help of a bulb rubber syringe.
- Fill tap water in the rubber syringe. Make sure that the water is not too cold, because it may trigger pain when you are removing the wax. On the other hand, if the water is too warm, you may feel nauseating during the removal of ear wax. Therefore, make sure that the temperature of the water is optimum.
- Tilt your head down and pull up the ear upwards.
- Insert the bulb syringe into the entrance of the outer canal of the ear.
- Spray the water into the ear canal. Do not apply too much pressure on the syringe, while squirting the water, otherwise it may cause pain.
- This way, small clumps of ear wax will be removed from the canal. If you do not find anything coming out this way, repeat the process once again.
- After removing the wax, you need to dry the ear well. This shall be done by using a dry towel and alcohol.
- In the first step, you should wipe the outer portion of your ear with the towel.
- Next, put a few drops of alcohol into the ear canal. While doing this, tilt your head one way. After a few seconds, tilt your head the other way and wait for the alcohol to draw off from your ear canal. This is a quick method to dry the ear.