Though a hot steaming cup of coffee proves to be a life saver for most people in the morning, the ugly yellow coffee stains caused are definitely not a pretty sight to look at. Coffee easily catches on the enamel of the teeth, causing it to change its color. Nobody wants to lose the natural white smile that they have, but a condition like this can leave a person in a helpless state, searching for answers all around. These stains on teeth can, at times, also become depressing and embarrassing for a person, making him/her calculative in movements. In case you are an avid coffee lover and are constantly jarred by the thoughts of the yellow marks on your teeth, every time you sip the delightful beverage, here is a breather. The advancement in the medicinal sector has brought forward many possible remedies for a coffee-induced stained smile. In the following lines, we have provided tips on how to get rid of coffee stains on teeth.
Tips For Getting Rid Of Coffee Stains On Teeth
- Orange peel is said to have beneficial effects in treating coffee stains. Rub a part of the orange peel on the teeth to get rid of the stains caused by drinking coffee.
- Baking soda can also be used as an agent to get rid of these strains. By brushing your teeth regularly with baking soda, you will get the desired result.
- Strawberry pulp is also claimed to have a natural bleaching effect, which can remove the stains off your teeth. Rub the pulp on the teeth to get white clean glowing and bright smile.
- Salt can also be used to brush your teeth to get rid off the stains. However, you need to be careful while using salt, because of its abrasive nature, which can cause mouth pain and also weaken the enamel.
- Rinsing your mouth with vinegar-water solution also proves to be effective against stained teeth.
- One of the easiest methods of removing coffee stains off the teeth is by using whitening mouthwash. Swish the mouthwash in your mouth for about a minute and voila, the stains would be gone. However, the mouth wash proves to be effective only when the stains are mild.
- There are many whitening toothpastes available in the market which can be effective for mildly stained teeth. Brushing daily with whitening toothpaste can prove to be an effective stain prevention method.
- Whitening strips are also helpful in removing the stains from the teeth. You can wear the strips on your teeth. These whitening strips contain whitening agents in them that bleach your teeth naturally.
- Another way to get the sullied stain away from your teeth would be to use paint-on bleach. The bleach is just like a nail polish that you have to paint your teeth with and allow it to set. The bleach works well on teeth that are not badly stained. Be careful while applying the bleach which, when not applied properly, can give uneven results.
- Blue-light technology is used along with hydrogen peroxide in many teeth-whitening salons. Though the process takes about over an hour, the results are claimed to be quite effective. There are very less side effects of this method and the whitening effect is deemed to last for quite some years.
- Bleaching trays are similar to the whitening strips. The bleaching tray is prescribed by the dentist and is typically molded to fit your mouth which will allow the bleaching agent to coat each tooth more effectively. These trays contain a higher concentration of the bleaching agent that helps in getting a brighter color. A good option for those who have badly stained teeth!
- Veneers, which were first used to improve the look of an artist’s teeth, can now be used by anyone to get a white smile.