Every day your comb accumulates debris and buildups that are not good for your hair. Plus, unclean combs lose their durability and make them fragile. Regular cleaning will help your comb last longer. Cleaning combs at least once a week is a good idea to keep your comb neat, especially if you are using hair oil, mousses, gel, or other hair styling products. Whenever you brush your hair, remember to dispose of the loose tresses stuck to the comb in the garbage. Cleaning your comb is easy and regular cleaning makes your task easier. However, while cleaning your comb, consider the material of it as well. While a plastic comb can be cleaned using water, it is best to avoid water while cleaning a horn comb or a wood comb to preserve the material. To learn more, browse through this article to learn different tips for cleaning a comb.
Tips For Cleaning A Comb
- Warm Water
- Take warm water in a bucket and soak your comb in it for an hour or so. This will help the dirt to loosen.
- Take a brush and wet it too with the warm water. Add some shampoo to it.
- Rub the brush bristles against the comb teeth. Rub in one direction for best result.
- Hold your comb under the warm water and keep rubbing with the brush until all the soap suds are gone.
- Once you have cleaned it, let it air dry.
- White Vinegar
- Warm Water
- Take two tablespoon white vinegar and add to half bucket warm water. Soak your comb in it for 15-20 minutes. This will help you to get rid of oily deposits, if any, from the comb.
- Take an old toothbrush and put a little soap or shampoo on the toothbrush.
- Rub the bristles of the tooth brush against your comb.
- 2 Tbsp Baking Soda
- Old tooth brush
- Hot Water
- Remove all the loose hair from your comb. You can either do this by holding your comb under running tap water or by picking up with hand.
- Take a long and narrow container with hot water.
- Add one tablespoon baking soda to the water and gently stir.
- Soak your comb in the mixture for an hour or so.
- Take a tooth brush and rub gently the comb.
- Rinse it off.
- 4 cups Water
- Old Toothbrush
- Remove hair from your comb by holding it under running tap water. Alternatively, you can pick the hair by hand.
- Boil four cups of water.
- Pour the water in a deep vessel where you can immerse the comb.
- Add 1 tablespoon detergent and stir the water to make froth.
- Soak your comb in the soap solution for at least an hour.
- Take out the comb and rub with an old tooth brush.
- Remove hair from your comb after each brushing of your hair.
- Clean your comb before you brush your hair. This way you won’t end up putting back oil and dirt to your clean hair.
Keeping your combs clean is important to keep your hair clean as well. Since you need to clean your combs regularly, you should know how to clean combs.