Room dividers serve dual purpose. Apart from adding a decorative element to the room, they can also make a large room look small and cozy. They are also dividers that serve as great storage areas. Dividers present interesting and great ways to create two different private areas within a single room. For instance, planning a divider inside the kitchen will create two spaces within it, one for the kitchen and the other for the dining room. From the beaded style room dividers, which were the most popular style of the yester years, to the latest leather dividers, which add class and elegance to the room, room dividers have always been in style. One great advantage of using room dividers is that they can be folded anytime you want to change the location or get bored with the setup. Thus, it is seen that there are many uses of a room divider and purchasing it in today’s world is a very smart thing to do. Today, these dividers are available in various styles and lengths, from which you can pick the one that serves you the best. Read on to find ideas ondecorating with room dividers.
How To Decorate With Room Dividers
- A room divider is beneficial in case of larger spaces, as it divides the latter to create two small and cozy rooms, instead of one big space.
- You can use a room divider creatively to add a dressing area to your bedroom, by sectioning it off from the room.
- If your house has a large living room and dining room combo, you can add a room divider screen.
- Folding screen dividers are great to make a large room seem cozier.
- In case you are tight in space, you can use a decorative divider to adorn one of the walls of the room and place books and such other materials over it. The small space behind the divider can also be used for the purpose of storing or stacking materials.
- If you want a Japanese style room, Shoji room divider is great option.
- A natural, wood room divider works very well to give your house a tropical or Bahamas type look.
- If you want to sport a modern style in your room, room dividers available in retro prints, leathers and metals will be the best bet. Leather room dividers add elegance and softness to a room.
- Dividers in children’s room can be used for multiple purposes, right from stacking their games and books to creating an entirely different area for their study.
- A painted, scenic room divider is like a huge painting in the corner of your room, which separates a portion effectively.
- If you want a room divider in the library, opt for a folding screen that looks like bookshelves.
- Put a folding screen divider in the corner of your child's room. It works very well to hide and store their toys
- A unique use of a room divider is as a headboard.
- A room divider can be used as a backdrop for keeping plants.