Shrimp is a type of seafood, rich in calcium, iodine and protein. A healthy food for the circulatory system, it can be prepared in a number of ways. One of the popular recipes that use the seafood is called 'coconut shrimp', which serves as a mouthwatering appetizer. While you can bring variations to the garnish and spices used for the dish, egg remains as the key ingredient. The best part of the recipe is that it requires minimal ingredients and allows you to have delicious and crispy coconut shrimps in no time! Coconut shrimps have a distinct taste that appeals to people of all age. If you also want to know how to make coconut shrimp, check out the easy recipes given in the following lines. Try them out and make a delicious treat for your family.
How To Make Coconut Shrimp
Delicious Coconut Shrimp
- 24 medium Shrimps
- 1/4 cup Coconut, shredded
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Lime
- In a small bowl, mix the shrimps with the garlic and herb seasoning, salt and black pepper.
- Put the flour, beaten egg and grated coconut in three different bowls.
- Dip the marinated shrimps in the egg first, followed by flour and then egg once again.
- After the shrimps are well coated with the egg and flour, dip them in the grated coconut.
- Spray a non-stick spray on a large baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange the coated shrimps on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the shrimps for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the lime into wedges.
- Make sure that the coconut shrimps have become golden brown and crisp.
- Now, garnish the shrimps with lime wedges.
- Serve the coconut shrimps hot, with a dipping sauce.
Grilled Coconut Shrimp Skewers
- 1 lb Fresh Shrimp
- 3/4 cup Flaked Coconut
- 3 tbsp Malibu Rum (Coconut)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks (beaten)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3 tbsp Water
- Take a large pan and soak the skewers for an hour, so that they are completely wet.
- Clean the shrimp properly and rinse it thoroughly under cold running water.
- Place the shrimps on the skewers and wrap each of them with prosciutto. Use toothpicks to hold the shrimps in place.
- Take a small saucepan and melt the butter in it. Add egg-yolk, water and sugar to the saucepan.
- Cook the mixture, over medium-low heat, for around 10 minutes. You will find that the mixture starts to boil and the whole sugar content dissolves.
- Take off the pan from the stove and add rum to it. The sauce for the shrimp is ready.
- Spread the sauce over the shrimp skewers and finally sprinkle the flaked coconut over it. Grill it until it is properly cooked.