It is an innate desire of every human being to look beautiful. Beauty starts from tip to toe, and that literally means from the hair on a person’s head, down to the toenails. There is nothing more pleasing to the eyes than a head full of of soft, fluffy hair that looks thick and full of body. Thin and lanky hair that fall flat on the scalp is disliked by everyone and people make a number of efforts in order to provide some volume to their hair. The health of your hair depends to a great extent on your diet and lifestyle. Poor diet, illness and deficiency of any kind will affect the quality of your hair, bringing forth problems such as dandruff, hair thinning, balding, etc. These problems can shorten the life of your hair if not controlled. Essential oils are a great natural treatment to soothe and calm hair and provide it lustre. This article provides you with various aromatherapy recipes for hair care that will make your hair healthier and aid hair growth.
Aromatherapy Recipes For Hair
Recipe For Hair Growth
- 10 drops of Lavender Oil
- 10 drops of Rosemary Oil
- 5 drops of Basil Oil
- 4 oz of Jojoba Oil
- Combine together rosemary, basil, jojoba and basil oil in a clean bottle and store it in a cool place.
- Massage your hair with the oil mixture at night before sleeping.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo in the morning. The basil and rosemary oils stimulate dormant hair follicles.
Recipe For Dandruff
- 1 drop Lavender Oil
- 5 drops of Lemon
- 1 quart pure Water
- 1 drop Sage Oil
- Mix together lemon, sage, lavender and water in a bottle and shake it well.
- In the morning, before taking a bath, apply it on your scalp and then rinse it out.
Recipe For Hair Loss
- 5 drops of Cedar wood Oil
- 5 drops of Lavender Oil
- 5 drops of Sandalwood Oil
- 4 drops of Rosemary ct Cineol Oil
- Combine together all the ingredients in a bottle and massage it on to your scalp while shampooing.
- Let it set for a while and then rinse it out with plain water.
Sandalwood Shampoo For Normal-Oily Hair
- 24 drops of Cypress essential Oil Wild
- 24 drops Sandalwood essential Oil East Indian
- 48 drops of Lemon essential Oil
- 8 fl oz Fragrance and additive-free Shampoo
- 24 drops of Rosemary essential Oil Moroccan
- Combine together all the ingredients and store the mixture in a plastic bottle.
- Use this shampoo once or twice in a week for normal-oily hair care.
Massage Oil For Oily Hair
- 9 drops of Lime
- 8 drops of Rosemary Oil
- 9 drops of Ylang Ylang Oil
- 2 tbsp Grape seed Oil
- Combine together all the oils and apply 1 tsp of the mixture to your hair and scalp and massage it well.
- Leave the oil on your scalp for a night, and then wash it out with a natural, fragrance-free shampoo in the morning.
Essential Oil Hair Conditioner
- 1 drop of Jasmine Oil
- 2 drops of Chamomile Oil
- 2 drops of Sandalwood Oil
- Use olive oil or jojoba oil as a base oil and mix all the other oils to it.
- Massage your scalp with the mixture and relax for an hour before washing the oil out.
Hair Growth Essential Oil Blend
- 2 drops of Thyme essential Oil
- 3 drops of Rosemary essential Oil
- ½ tsp Jojoba Oil
- 4 tsp Grape seed Oil
- 3 drops of Lavender essential Oil
- 2 drops of Atlas Cedar wood essential Oil
- Store all the essential oils together in a dark glass bottle.
- Use a few drops of the mixed oil on your scalp every night. This will help the oil get absorbed and will also help increase the circulation.
- After the treatment, wrap your hair in a warm towel if possible.