In the present-day world, where appearances have started meaning the most to people, use of cosmetics is on the rise. This holds true for not only women, but lots of men as well. In fact, there are many products that are used by men and women alike, one of which is perfume. Whether they are going to work in office, attend a party or just chill out with friends, dabbing on their favorite perfume seems to be a must. However, what if the perfume scent keeps on sticking to the clothes or skin even hours after coming back? How you will get rid of the perfume smell? Simple, by following the tips that have been listed below!
How To Remove Perfume Odor
- Before you attempt any particular method for removing perfume smell from your skin, it is advisable to rinse the scented parts of your body with cool, but comfortable water, for about 60 seconds. Now, dry your skin, with the help of a hand towel.
- You can mix half a cup of baking soda with half a cup of warm water. Stir the mixture thoroughly, to form a paste and rub it all over your skin. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then rinse off the mixture from your skin, using lukewarm water.
- White vinegar and olive oil can also help you get rid of perfume odor. Dip a cotton ball in the vinegar/oil and rub it all over your skin. After allowing the vinegar to stay on your skin for 5-10 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water. Now, use a bath soap or body wash to clean your skin.
- If you have unflavored vodka at your place, use it to rid your skin of the perfume smell. Soak a few cotton balls in the vodka and wipe the affected area with it. Let it sit on your skin for 5 minutes, rinse off with lukewarm water and then wash with bath soap or body wash.
- One of the simplest solutions for getting rid of perfume smell is to expose your clothes to heat, light and oxygen. For the purpose, tumble them in a dryer, at low heat. You can also put fragrance-free dryer sheet and towels alongside. Now, hang the clothes in an open area for few hours/ days.
- You can also use a spray-on fabric freshener to remove perfume odor from your clothes, especially if you are sensitive to perfumes. To do this, hang the clothes and spray the freshener lightly on both sides. Now, tumble dry the clothes, for a few minutes.
- Laundering your perfumed clothes in a washing machine, with a fragrance-free clothes detergent, can also help solve your problem. Do make sure to add ½-1 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle. After the clothes have been washed, rinse them in plain water and hang to dry.
- Half-fill a bucket with water and add 1 cup baking soda to it, along with a fragrance-free clothes detergent. Mix well and soak your clothes in the solution for a few hours, even overnight. In the morning, rinse them well in plain water and get rid of the perfume smell.