Beautiful skin is an asset and women stop at nothing when it comes to indulging in lavish spa and aromatic beauty treatments for that more gorgeous, glowing self. Ask any female and she would never mind walking that extra mile to pamper her skin. However, shelling out big bucks for an exotic spa dip may not always be an affordable bet for many. But who says, beauty comes with a price tag. Sometimes all we need to do is to raid the kitchen shelves to find that prefect beauty ingredient for the day. Did you know that sugar, the most indispensable part of our kitchen counters, works wonder for our skin? Sugar has been a trusted ingredient since long to exfoliate skin. All you need to do is take some granulated sugar, oil and a little essence for that exotic spa like beauty treatment, right at your home. Here are some simple homemade sugar scrub recipes for you to try. Read on to indulge.
Image: Public Domain Photos@flickr
Recipes For Homemade Sugar Scrubs
Simple Sugar Scrub
- ½ cup sugar
- Enough olive or wheat germ oil to moisten the sugar
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- Mix the sugar and olive oil/ wheat germ oil together. The quantity of the oil should be such that it should be enough to moisten the sugar.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence to it.
- Gently rub the scrub all over your face and body, moving your fingers in light circular motion.
- Rinse well with mild soap.
- Indulge in this sugar scrub at least twice a month for a glowing you!
Glycerin & Sugar Scrub
- ½ cup White Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable Glycerin
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Vitamin C Crystals
- 1 or 2 drops of Essential Oil, if desired
- Ground Hibiscus Powder, for color
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Gently massage it on your face and body and rub for a minute.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes, before rinsing it off with tepid water.
Banana Body Sugar Scrub
- 1 ripe Banana
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, take all the ingredients and mash them to a paste.
- Slather the mixture all over your body just before shower and gently massage it for a couple of minutes, before rinsing it off with warm water.
Sweet & Spicy Brown Sugar Body Polish
- 1 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup Almond oil
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, powdered
- 2 tsp Ginger, powdered
- 2 tsp Nutmeg, powdered
- 40 drops Cardamom Essential Oil
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the essential oil.
- Whisk the ingredients until smooth.
- Now, add the essential oil to the mixture and blend well.
- Using gentle circular strokes, apply the scrub all over your body. Leave on for a couple of minutes before rinsing it.
Gentle Sugar Scrub For Fresh Skin
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- Chopped Fresh Tomato
- 2 tbsp Yogurt or Sour Cream
- In a small bowl, take the sugar. Add freshly chopped tomatoes and yogurt to it. Mix well.
- Damp the skin and apply the scrub and rub it gently for some time.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water and pat dry.