Celebrating children's birthday is a fun filled activity for both, the parents and the kids. There are many things that need to be taken care of while arranging a birthday party such as food, decoration, games, music, favors, etc. Talking about decoration, centerpiece is a must. Centerpiece adds character to any party and also enlivens the table immediately. For a birthday party, you need not worry much, as cake undoubtedlyqualifies as the best option. Apart from being a delightful dessert, there is something mystical about cakes. Almost every one immediately falls for a smile at the sight of a cake. Children, especially, have a unique fascination towards cakes, owing to which special attention needs to be given towards its preparation. A well made cake is not only liked and appreciated by all, but also has the ability to make any birthday party a successful one. In the following lines, we have provided wonderful kids birthday cake ideas, just for you.
Kids Birthday Cake Ideas
- The first thing would be to choose the flavor for the cake. There are many flavors that you can choose from such as strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch, and so on. Whichever flavor you chose, make sure it's your child's favorite one, after all it's his/her birthday.
- The next step would be to decide the shape of the cake. Traditionally, heart, square, circle and rectangle are the most sought after shapes, when it comes to cake. In case, you want to be different, the yummy treat can even be designed in other shapes such as Mickey Mouse, Barbie doll, castle, etc.
- The trend, these days, is to shape the cake in a manner that it symbolizes your child's interest. Cakes in the shape of an airplane, guitar, cricket pitch, etc are instant hit and invoke a lot of excitement and admiration. They are also a nice way of letting your kid know that you care for his/her dream.
- In case you are throwing a themed party or one that has a particular color code, do not forget to itemize it on the cake as well. For instance, if you are throwing a party with a color code blue, the same should be reflected on the cake. A cake designed in the form of an aquarium or a pond with fishes is the best bet, in such a scenario.
- Once the shape has been determined, it is time to look into minute detailing, i.e. the decoration of the cake. There is a wide variety of items that can be used to decorate the cake such as plastic toys, candy, cookies, colored frosting and fresh fruit. Choose items that sync with the cake shape or theme.
- These days, cupcakes have become another good option to explore, for children's birthday party. Apart from being easy to binge on, they are also simple to handle. You can either keep all the cupcakes alike or decorate them separately. When it comes to decorating every single cupcake, the best bet would be to place a little candy or toy on top of each cupcake.