At some point or the other in life, almost everyone experiences the feeling of nausea. Nausea can be caused due to various reasons, some of them being, pregnancy-induced morning sickness, motion sickness, sea-sickness, stomach flu, chemotherapy, stomach ailments, food poisoning, indigestion and nervousness. Nausea is very disruptive and sudden and can occur at any time of the day. The feeling of nausea is extremely uncomfortable, leaving a person with a very groggy head. The best and simplest way to relieve a person from nausea is to use acupressure. Acupressure blocks the signals that trigger the nausea response, thereby promoting relaxation. There are different acupressure points in the body that can stop nausea at the earliest. Each pressure point should be massaged for 3 to 5 minutes firmly, using the tip of your finger or the end of a pencil with an eraser. Read on further to know how to use acupressure and treat nausea effectively.
How To Use Acupressure Points For Nausea
- Pericardium 6 (P6) is the most important point for treating nausea. It is also known as Nei Guan in Chinese or Inner Gate. This point is situated on the inner side of the wrist. For this, you need to place the first three fingers together at the crease of the wrist. You will find the point between the two tendons in the middle of the wrist. Apply slow pressure to this point with your finger to treat nausea, motion sickness, anxiety, insomnia and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Stomach 36 is yet another most powerful and important point in the body for treating nausea. The point is known as Zu San Li in Chinese or Foot Three Mile. This point is located one hand below the kneecap between the outer edge of the shin bone and leg muscle. Apply pressure, using your finger, to the most sensitive spot you find. This acupressure point harmonizes stomach, strengthens digestion and improves immune system and overall energy level.
- You can find another pressure point on the elbow joint on the inside of the bicep tendon. This acupressure point helps in treating nausea and stomach issues, along with anxiety and chest congestion.
- The simplest acupressure cure for nausea is by rubbing one wrist against the other. By doing so, a person is relieved from the feeling of discomfort and uneasiness.
- A pressure point located exactly between your belly button and sternum also helps in relieving you from nausea. Other related issues that are comforted using this pressure point include heart burn, poor digestion and diarrhea.
- Slide your finger into a depression found about two inches above the pubic bone and apply pressure to it, with your finger, for 3 to 5 minutes. This acupressure point is used for treating nausea, fatigue and weakness.
- Apply pressure to the spot between your collarbones. This will relieve you from vomiting sensation.