If you have savored every bite of veal scallopini in your favorite bistro and secretly marveled at this wonderful delicacy, wishing to stir up some restaurant-like veal at your own kitchen, this is the article for you. Scallopini or sautéed cutlets, made of veal or other poultry, are yummy main course recipe that are pounded and coated with flour, before cooking in delicious sauce. Veal scallopini can be tempered with variety of spices and flavorings to suit your palate. In fact, there are so many ways to prepare this tasty dish that one can never fall short of ideas when trying to stir up a dish of veal scallopini for a brunch or an exotic dinner. All you will need to do is to stir up a creamy sauce and dunk the sautéed veal into it and wow your family and guests with a delectable dish. Veal scallopini is extremely easy to prepare and can be easily made well ahead of the serving time. At the time of serving, all you need to do is re-heat it. To check out a few yummy recipes on veal scallopini, read on.
Home To Make Veal Scallopini
Veal Scallopini With Mushroom
- 2 (4 ounce) Veal Cutlets (flattened to 1/8-in. thickness)
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ pound Fresh Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp Fresh Parsley (minced)
- In a bowl, take flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add veal and toss well to coat is properly.
- In a skillet, warm 2 tablespoon of butter and oil and add veal and cook for about a minute, till juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the mushrooms for a couple of minutes till done.
- Now, spoon over the veal and cook. Remove them in a bowl.
- Add broth into the skillet and add parsley and butter and cook for a few more minutes till thick.
- Pour the broth over the bowl containing veal and mushroom and serve hot.
Veal Scallopini With Artichokes
- 12 slices Veal Scallopini
- ¼ cup Flour
- 2 to 6 Jar Artichoke Hearts (marinated in oil)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ Lemon, squeezed
- Parsley, to taste
- Take the scallopini and pound it lightly and flour it and keep aside.
- Take 2 tablespoon oil from artichoke marinade and heat it.
- Now, sauté the veal till done and remove from heat.
- Season veal with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- In a skillet, take some extra oil and cook the artichokes till warm.
- Add the cooked veal and cook for some more time.
- Add lemon juice and parsley and serve hot.
Sautéed Veal Scallopini With Lemon Sauce
- 1 lb Boneless Veal Slices
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- ½ Lemon (thinly sliced)
- Dredge veal in flour, shake off excess.
- In a pan, heat oil and 2 tablespoon butter over medium heat and cook veal till light brown.
- Drain the veal and season it with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add lemon juice to scrape the residue.
- Add butter and parsley to it and then put the veal into the sauce.
- Serve hot.