Dyeing your hair is a tedious process; more so when you have to do it yourself. Though your hair looks beautiful after that, the euphoria doesn’t last long when you notice ugly stain marks on your hands, palms, fingers, hairline and sometimes, on the face! Before you let yourself tumble down the stairs of paranoid depression, consider the fact that these stains are temporary and a few tried and tested home remedies should get the dye off of your skin. Just read on to know how to remove hair dye from your skin.
Removing Hair Dye
- The best solution is to go in for beauty products that are specially made for removing hair dye stains from skin. If you dye your hair regularly, make sure you have the specific stain-removing product too, just to avoid embarrassing stains.
- A popular home remedy would be to use nail polish remover. Take some on a cotton swab or a dry piece of cloth and rub it on the stain. Most people swear by it. After rubbing it a few times, you will notice the stain fading and vanishing away. Wash your skin with warm water thereafter.
- Another simple home remedy is to rub toothpaste on the stains. Take a bit of toothpaste on your finger or a soft toothbrush and rub it gently on the area that has been stained. Since toothpastes have abrasives, the stain will gradually be removed. It may sting a bit if you have sensitive skin. Don’t forget to wash the skin with warm water thereafter and apply moisturizer.
- Applying Vaseline is a very effective way to get rid off dye marks on the skin. It is advisable to apply a thin layer of Vaseline along the hairline, near the ears and on the face before applying the dye. If by any chance, some dye happens to stain those areas; they can easily be removed by simply washing away with soap. If you didn’t apply it before, just rub some Vaseline vigorously on the stain to remove it.
- Apply diluted bleach on the affected area for 5-7 minutes and remove it. Usually, applying bleach works wonders and many people have reported success. However, if that bleach irritates your skin, consider removing it immediately.