We often get into situations where we are face to face with a stranger and are not sure of his true persona. Be it a potential marriage partner, an office colleague or a new neighbor in the society - we try to figure out what kind of a person he or she is before extending a warm hand shake. And while talking to kids is an easy task, talking to adults can get you all worked up because, in this case, we tend to base our judgments solely on the looks of an individual. It doesn’t have to be this way! Looks do matter, but that does not mean that you give a ten-on-ten to just about anyone with broad shoulders and a killer grin. Agreed, we all like people who are charming, are decent conversationalists and maintain a stable head at the same time. And the good news is that identifying such individuals is not really rocket science – you just need to use your common sense. Read on for all the help you need for breaking ice with strangers.
Interesting Questions To Ask Adults
Questions to Ask a Potential Life Partner - Think Before You Say a ‘Yes’
“But I’ve got to know him before I agree to marry!” is a phrase very common yet meaningful. Here are a few questions that will help you find out if the person in front is upbeat, loyal, romantic and fun loving or is it time to resume your search for life partner.
- Who is your favourite diva/celebrity?
- Which festival do you cherish the most?
- If given a choice, where would you go for a vacation?
- How would you describe me in one word?
- What is the weirdest dream that you’ve ever had?
- Is there anything that you would like to change about your childhood?
- What is your take on women empowerment?
- Do you prefer joint families or nuclear families?
- When was the last time that you chilled out with friends?
- Of all my friends you’ve met, whom do you appreciate the most?
- Are you fond of cooking occasionally?
- What would you consider as an ideal gift for me?
- One day if you find that I haven’t been loyal to you, would you forgive me?
- What do you like the most in me?
Questions to Ask a New Colleague
If you’ve just joined a new job and are trying to be pally with your colleagues, try these pointers to know if they are fun loving, fair minded and have a sensible head over their shoulders.
- What do you like to do in your past time?
- Which is your all-time favorite movie?
- Which is your dream holiday destination?
- How often do you meet your school pals?
- Given a chance, which comic character would you like to be with?
- Were you a part of any extra-curricular activities in school?
- Would you like to party with your team mates during weekends?
- Three things that you like about this city?
- In your opinion, what are the three most immoral flaws in this city?
- Is there something that you want to change in this company?
- Where do you see yourself three years down the line?
Questions to Ask a New Neighbor
You have a new neighbor in the society or if it’s the other way round, find out if there’s anything creepy about him/her before warming up with a hand shake. These questions will break the ice and, if all goes well, then knowing each other can be real fun!
- What was your first impression when you met me?
- Do you like to party out often?
- When was the last time you cooked for yourself?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Do you have the habit of singing in the shower?
- Which was the worst fight you’ve ever had with someone?
- What is the best relationship that you have ever been into?
- What is your idea on the legalization of gay culture in India?
- In your opinion, should women manage financial matters in a family?
- Is there anything in this society that would make you stay here forever?
Try and include these questions in the flow of your casual chit-chat and the person next-door will not be a mystery anymore!