Ravioli is an Italian dish, which can be described as a type of pasta. The dish comprises of a filling, which is sealed between two layers of thin pasta dough. The filling used for ravioli might comprise of meat (red or poultry), sea food (lobster, fish, etc) or even cheese. Apart from that, you can also use vegetables, such as spinach, swiss chard and nettles, or a puree, made of potatoes, mushrooms, pumpkin, chestnut or artichokes, inside the pasta dough. One of the most common fillings of ravioli comprises of lobsters. In the following lines, we have detailed the recipe for Lobster Ravioli, just for you.
How To Make Lobster Ravioli
- A pinch of Salt
- 2½ quarts Water
- A dash of Oil
- Parsley (for garnish)
- 1 lb Lobster Meat
- ¼ lb Fresh Mushrooms
- 2½ tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Mint Shallots
- 2 cups Light Cream
- 2½ tsp Flour
- 2-3 tsp Light Sherry
- Salt & Ground Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Light Cream
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 tsp Flour
- ½ oz Brandy
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First of all, you need to boil the lobsters, let them cool down a bit and then, remove the meat.
- Now, clean the lobster meat thoroughly and mince it well.
- Wash the mushrooms clean and mince them.
- In a pan, melt butter and add shallots. Cook the shallots for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they become translucent.
- Add lobster meat and mushrooms to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Gradually, sprinkle flour in the pan, making sure to stir constantly.
- Still stirring constantly, add sherry to the pan.
- Mix in light cream and reduce the flame to low, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from flame and transfer the mixture to a flat pan.
- In the meantime, roll out 2 ravioli pasta sheets and mark 2¼" x 2¼" squares.
- Now, put ¾ tsp of the lobster mixture into each of the marked squares.
- Place the second sheet on top. Roll it and seal, using a ravioli tool.
- Take a sheet pan and line it with wax paper.
- Transfer the ravioli onto the sheet pan, sprinkled with corn meal.
- Now is the time to prepare the sauce.
- Melt butter and add flour, brandy, light cream and paprika, apart from salt and pepper to taste. Keep the sauce warm in a double boiler.
- In a pan, put 2½ quarts water and add a pinch of salt and a dash of oil.
- Bring the water to a boil and add raviolis quickly, one at a time.
- Keeping the raviolis separated, with a wooden spoon; boil them for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon or skimmer, remove the raviolis from water.
- Place the raviolis on a flat plate or in a flat soup bowl and serve with cream sauce on the bottom as well as on top. Garnish with parsley.