Are you looking for ways to beat the dust and pollution that make your skin dull? If yes, then the answer to your problem is an herbal facial clean up! With the rising mercury, increasing pollution and mounting dirt and dust, one thing that remains common for everyone is dull, gloomy and lifeless skin, with face being the most affected region. Thanks to this, more and more women today are becoming conscious of their looks and skin. In case you are one of them, you would be surprised to know that one of the most effective ways to deal with the problem is to indulge in an herbal facial.
Herbal facial not only cleanses the dead skin cells and oil build up, but also improves circulation and stimulates renewal of skin cells. While pampering your face with an herbal facial treatment from a salon or a parlor would turn out to be an extremely expensive deal, doing the same at home would be cheaper and extremely pocket friendly, bearing in mind that the result would be more or less the same. If you are wondering how to make herbal facial, this article would come in handy. In the following lines, we have provided easy recipes for making your own herbal facial.
Herbal Facial Recipes
- 3 bars Soap
- 1 ½ cups Dried Chamomile
- ½ cup Dried Lavender
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- Cheesecloth/ Soft Cloth
- Container, with lid
- The first step would be to grate the bar soap to fine residue. Make sure that the soap you use is gentle on your skin, leaving it soft, smooth and clean.
- Add dried chamomile, lavender and oatmeal to the grated soap. Blend the mixture thoroughly.
- Now, cut the cheesecloth or soft material into 4-5 inch squares. Fold up the squares, to make double layer.
- Place a tbsp of the soap mixture onto one square. Pull up the edges and tie them with a string. This would seal the mixture.
- Make similar small bags with the other squares, until all the mixture has been used.
- Store these bags in a container with a lid. Use them one at a time.
- 1 cup Grapeseed Oil
- ¼ cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Lanolin
- ½ oz. Beeswax, grated
- 2/3 cup Distilled Water
- ½ cup Aloe Vera Gel or Juice
- Vitamin E (at least 10,000 IU)
- Vitamin A (at least 150,000 IU)
- 2 drops Essential Oil (of your choice)
- Clean Jar
- The first step would be to mix grapeseed oil, coconut oil, lanolin and beeswax in the top of a double boiler, over low heat. Apply the heat until the ingredients melt.
- Now, pour the mixture into a glass measuring cup and allow it to cool for sometime.
- In the meantime, combine distilled water, aloe vera, vitamin E, vitamin A and essential oil. Blend them in a mixer, on the highest setting.
- At the time of blending, pour the oil mixture into the blender.
- Just as the lotion starts thickening, the blender would slow down. This is when you should turn it off.
- Now, all you need to do is pour the herbal facial cream into the cream or lotion jars and store it in a cool place
- Your herbal facial cream is ready to be used.
Note: In case you would not be using the facial cream soon, store it in the refrigerator.
Herbal Facial Scrub
- ½ cup Ground Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup Ground Sunflower Seeds
- 4 ½ tbsp Almond Meal
- 1 tsp Ground Peppermint Leaves
- Container with Lid/Ziplock Bag
- Wet Ingredient (Water/Heavy Cream)
- Firstly, mix ground oatmeal, ground sunflower seeds, almond meal and ground peppermint leaves together, in a medium sized bowl.
- Now, transfer the mixture into a container with a lid. You can also use zip-lock bag for the purpose. This is the dry mixture for the herbal facial.
- You now need to select a wet ingredient to moisten the dry mixture and apply on the face. In case you have an oily skin, water would be the best bet. For those with dry skin, heavy cream would be suitable.
- At the time of using the scrub, take about 1 tbsp of the dry mixture with enough wet ingredient to make a thick paste-like substance. Let it stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Once thickened, massage the scrub onto your face and neck region. Leave it for a minute or two before rinsing off.