At the first glance pencil stains, look easy to remove but just rub it with your finger, and you will see how the smudge darkens and threatens to spread. You may have given your toddler a pencil, to practice what he or she had seen grownups do, thinking that the marks from pen or crayons will be too hard to remove. However, you find how wrong you have been; the marks from a pencil are as hard to remove as from a pen or a crayon. A pencil is used to create fine images. However, in the hands of a child the pencil can become a tool to weave sundry lines on walls, fabrics and whatever he or she fancies. This leaves one with ugly stains to contend with, which also cannot be removed easily. It is of no use taking the pencil away from the child, as this is one of the ways they develop their mind. So, if you want to protect your wall paint and carpets then keep some pencil stain removal methods handy. This will not only allow you to remove the marks that your child makes but also other stains that you may also accidently make. To know more read the article below for the various pencil stain removal tips.
Pencil Stain Removal Tips
- Pencil eraser can be effectively used to remove pencil stains from walls and fabrics. This is especially good when the stains are light. To remove the pencil stains from the walls just rub the stain with the eraser. In case of fabrics, place the material on a solid surface and then use the eraser to rub off the stains. Do not use colored eraser as they can leave their own stain. The best is the art gum eraser.
- Pencil stains from fabrics can also be removed with detergents. The fabric must be washed in strong detergent and may also require several washes. Use a toothbrush to scrub the stains.
- Apply a good amount of toothpaste onto the stain and let it dry. Then using a wet toothbrush scrub off the paste. The stains will disappear or will get light in which case wash with a detergent. If the stains still remain then apply the toothpaste again. Use only non-gel toothpaste.
- Pencil stains can be partially removed with a razor blade. It can be used to lighten the stain. Scrape the stains with a blade and then apply toothpaste or wash in detergent.
- Ammonia is widely used in removing various kinds of stains. It is also very effective in removing pencil stains. First, wash the fabric in detergent and then rinse thoroughly. Now mix some ammonia in water and then apply it to the stain. Now use toothpaste to scrub until the stains fade. Rinse the fabric thoroughly. For hard stains, you can apply drops of ammonia directly on the stains. The ammonia-water mixture can be used to remove pencil stains from walls and other surfaces.
- Baking soda is also another effective stain remover. Mix a little bit of water with two tablespoons of baking soda. Now apply this paste on the stained surface. Use a piece of cloth and scrub till the stains disappear. Baking soda can also remove the stains from fabrics. It is also safer to use than ammonia.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with a little bit of water and apply to the stain. Scrub repeatedly to remove the stain. However, use hydrogen peroxide with care as it is not suitable for many fabrics and surfaces.
- You can also use a dry cleaning solution to remove the stains. These potent solutions are so effective that they do not require any scrubbing. First, soak the material in water. Then apply the dry cleaning solutions on the stains and let it air dry. If the stains remain then repeat the process again.