Cooking is a very rewarding job. Even you spend the entire day cooking a single sumptuous dish for your family, the satisfied look on their face, after eating it, makes all the effort worthwhile. The one who cooks the food also has to take care of the cleanliness of the kitchen, since any deficiency in this context can lead to major health problems. One of the most problematic areas in the kitchen is the gas grill, which always seems to be in need of clean up. In case you are also worried about the same thing, just relax. In the following lines, we have provided a number of tips that will help you in cleaning your gas grill.
How to Clean Gas Grill
- Large Container/Bucket
- Warm Water
- Liquid Dishwashing Soap (designed for cutting grease)
- Grill Brush
- Scouring Pads
- Even before you start cleaning the gas grill, make sure that you completely disconnect it from the gas tank.
- Next, turn all the knobs (controls) in the off position. if possible, completely remove the gas tank from the place.
- Take a container or bucket and put some warm water in it.
- Now, get the liquid dishwashing soap and mix it in the warm water.
- Carefully remove the grill racks from the gas grill. Place them in the container/bucket containing soapy water.
- Let the grill sit in the water for somewhere around 30 minutes. If you feel that the grease build up hasn’t melted away, extend the time period.
- While the grill is getting cleaned, pay some attention on the burners too. They are main culprit behind dirty grills.
- Take a soft cloth and soak it in soapy water. With the help of the cloth, remove any built-up grease or debris.
- Making use of the sturdy spatula, scrape the inside walls clean.
- Now is the time to remove remaining particles from inside the grill, by using a hand-held or wet-dry vacuum.
- After the soaking process has ended, rinse off the excess soap from the grill.
- If still any baked-on grease remains, take a grill-cleaning brush and use it to remove the residue left.