Are you always late and prove yourself to be a sport spoiler? Do you often get late for meetings, appointments on interviews? If this is something you experience everyday, it’s time for you to stop and set your clock. How to be punctual is one of the most frequently asked questions amongst people. Though it is not very difficult to be on time, some people really do not understand that it takes just a little consideration and effort from their side. If you are always running behind the clock, it is important for you to understand that, in today’s world, time is the most precious thing. Whether the time is yours or someone else’s, it should be valued at any cost. If you want to know how to be on time, read the tips given below.
Tips to be Punctual
- The first and foremost thing to do is to be early, rather than just being on time. To keep yourself from getting bored in the additional time, carry books, handheld video games, an iPod or book of puzzles for entertainment.
- Make preparations for the next day, the night before. Decide your outfit, get directions in case you are visiting a new place and lay your keys, purse, backpack and shoes in the dressing area.
- Postpone activities that take longer than they should, till the time you get back home.
- Try to be on the safer side and allot extra time for every activity. If you take 20 minutes for breakfast, allot 30. It's better to be left with too much time than too little. Do not indulge in any other activity to kill that extra time, rather leave early.
- If you have trouble getting up early in the morning, trick yourself by setting you alarm clock 10 minutes early.
- Do not over schedule your day. Lining up several activities simultaneously will certainly result in your being late for one of them.
- To be able to stick to your routine, sleep early at night. This will give you enough rest and energy to get up early and follow the schedule uninterruptedly.