Jewelry can be considered to be the extension of a woman’s personality. Every woman has a very particular taste when selecting her favorite piece of accessory. Necklaces, bracelets and earrings have become a mark of a woman, worn as much for style as for flaunting womanhood. But, the next time you plan to don jewelry, add a personal touch to your ornaments, to augment their style and class. This will convey a lot about your fashion sense, taste and creativity. It will also show you as an independent person trying to stay away from the common herd. Create your own jewelry from simple and attractive things, giving vent to your imagination in designing them according to your fancy. The best materials that you can use for creating your own jewelry are colorful beads. They are easy to work on and you can spend a couple of engrossing hours just being your own personal jeweler. Apart from being creatively satisfying, the admiration of your friends and acquaintances regarding your art will surely be more thrilling than anything else. Given below are a few ideas for beaded jewelry that you can try your hand at.
Beaded Jewelry Design Ideas
- First decide on a specific design for your necklace. This will help you to plan how you can string the beads.
- Now, cut a piece of tigertail wire adding an extra 5 inches to the total length of the necklace.
- Insert a crimp bead and one half of the clasp into the wire. Slide the wire back into the crimp bead and using pliers, flatten the bead so that it stays in place.
- Through the open end of the wire, string the beads. After all the beads have been strung, insert another crimp bed and another half of the clasp.
- Pull the wire so that all the beads are tight fitted. Then, insert the end into the crimp bead again and using pliers, flatten it. Wear the necklace by joining the two clasps.
Oval Bead Bracelet
- Arrange beads of different sizes and colors in two rows in a bead board. Make one row slightly longer than the other.
- Arranging the beads in a bead board will make it easier to string the beads. Using a wire cutter, cut two strands of a wire.
- Take one strand and string the crimp cover. Now crimp on a crimp bead using pliers and fix it in place. Slide the crimp cover over the crimp bed and slide it in place.
- Slide the crimp cover over the crimp bead and close it without folding down the arm. Then string all the beads from one row and close the end by sliding a crimp cover and a crimp bead.
- In the same way string the next row of beads. Once both the rows of the beads have been stringed, slide the jump ring through the lobster clasp.
- Then connect the two open arms of the crimp covers to the same jump ring. At the other end add a silver oval piece. The lobster clasp will hook onto the oval center.
- Insert the beads into the head pin till the desired length of the earrings.
- After you have completed stringing the beads, cut out the excess wire, but make sure you leave enough wire to curl around a number of times.
- Using pliers, twist the wire into a small circle. Take an ear wire and using the pliers open its end. Now slip the circle of the head pin through it and close the opening of the ear wire through the earring head pin. The earring is now ready to be used.
Beaded jewelries are very attractive and easy to make. The above listed beaded jewelry design ideas are sure to help you create some of your own personalized ornaments.